Fashion Show

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyCat

Reaction score
Hi there!

I hope you're all having a wonderful start to the week?

Well I was just after some advice really...My friend has asked me to do her models nails (nail art) for a fashion show she is doing and I'm SO excited about it...however, I'm also panicking a bit.

I said to her at first, the best way to do it, maybe for me to pre paint some press ons and to glue/stick them on, on the night...then I've started having second thoughts, that thinking this might look a bit naff...and imagine if they ping off during the show...I'd be mortified! :eek:

Its my first time doing anything like this and under so much pressure...what would you do?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

I think the stick ons would be the easiest and best idea.

Could you not be back stage at the show ready to repair/touch up if required?

I think its quite unusual to have nail art on models at a fashion show. Usually all the emphasis is on the clothes but it sounds like a fab opportunity to show off your skills :) enjoy xx

stick ons are the way forward for a fashion show.and double sided tape will be ur best friend for sticking them on quickly and getting them off again after. remember they only need to stay on for an hour or 2 for the show then the models can remove them themselves with no damage.
it means you can be totally organised before you go with all your designs ready.

good luck xx

I think the stick ons would be the easiest and best idea.

Could you not be back stage at the show ready to repair/touch up if required?

I think its quite unusual to have nail art on models at a fashion show. Usually all the emphasis is on the clothes but it sounds like a fab opportunity to show off your skills :) enjoy xx

OMG I love your avi!!!

It is quite unusual, but she's a newbie designer and I think she was just trying to help me out with building clients as she knows herself how hard that can be...I'm so thankful for the opportunity I don't really want to mess it up!...

I think stick ons would be the best choice too!

xxx

stick ons are the way forward for a fashion show.and double sided tape will be ur best friend for sticking them on quickly and getting them off again after. remember they only need to stay on for an hour or 2 for the show then the models can remove them themselves with no damage.
it means you can be totally organised before you go with all your designs ready.

good luck xx

Hi ya!

Thanks for your response...I had actually bought some full cover nails however they didn't come with stick on pads, so I bought some separately, and they were more expensive than the nails! So I think I'm going to use your idea of the sticking back tape...will that definitely work?

Also will I have to push back the cuticles etc to make them look like real nails?
Sorry for all the questions...I'm a newbie at doing shows and I really don't want it to go wrong.

I think stick on would be the best choice as I really don't want to be faffing around doing all the models nails on the night and having wet nail polish etc ruining the garments.

xxx

Latest posts

Back