Fed up with low standards!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireamy

Reaction score
Just a vent here, excuse me!

I have had quite a few new clients recently coming to me as they have given up on their 'normal' tech. Some of the nails I've seen are awful! Some people have just recieved rubbish service and some both!

So many rebalances I've done recently have been on plain gel/L&P. This in itself I don't have a problem with but then the client at the start of the app has said, "do you do a french polish over the top, cos thats what I want". When I explained I create a French that is permanent with white and pink powder/gel they seem amazed.

Are more and more techs finding an easy way out and not trying hard enough to perfect a good french? I'm certainly finding this around my area at the min.

I'm not complaining too much as I've got plenty of new clients who think I'm amazing because I can do a permanent french!

I'm also not having a go at people who are trying and practicing to get it right, I'm just annoyed at 'techs' who are just plonking a clear or natural over tips without even trying. ESP when client wants a french!!!

Sorry, rant over xx

I would only see this as a good thing from you point of view ClaireAmy.

The less people that offer this in Crewe the more clients there is for you! Just keep serving those clients and they will soon spread the word for you! :lol:

I used to use white tips all the time and as we all Know unless you have the right nails for this they can look awful.

I decided to have a go at the permanent french and believe me they still need alot of work but my clients love them. Alot of people are going to the local nss who spray their smiles on and then cap it and they have told me they much prefer the way I do it.

So yeah! I know exactly what you mean!

Teri x:hug:

i too am finding this a lot lately, my client base has nearly doubled in the last three months, due to ppl searching me out as they are unhappy with their nails previousely,
good for me,!! but i am amazed that ppl have had these nails on, paid for them and gone back for quite a while!
its not until ppl see a properly perfected nail, they then can tell the difference
im also amazed at how many of my local techs are saying they are professionals and competant etc etc and i see the end result, im shocked , even when i started out i have never made a nail so ugly , mishapen and just sooo wrong,
the thing is, this is what makes me busy which im pleased about , but there must also be some ppl who see these nails on others and think, " oh id never have my nails done, as they look so awful",
swings and roundabouts i assume??

in my opinion, its down to lack of education on the techs part and the general public, not knowing what is good and what is bad nail wise, and the lack of licsenceing!

I think I'd be more upset if they stayed with these people and thought that that was the only way. It is good to see that the public are realising that there is better out there and aren't settling for second best anymore.

i find its because people are trying to save time and also because they find doing to white such hard work!!!KIRSTY LUNDowner/nail techcreative nai design

Latest posts

Back