feel so stupid!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiba

Reaction score
good evening every body.. i have to get this out of my chest... i had a new client tonight and i can't believe that i forgot to go over the natural nails with the white block !!!! :grr: i didn't do it, i just pushed the cuticle and apply dehydrator and the primer and then the product...i feel so bad now i can't stop thinking about it...so stupid, it was the first time for me to work mobile...so its not my table, not my house, new people i felt so lost...!!:eek:
she is a nail biter and didn't wants tip and overlay because she do kick boxing, and she have no free edges so was difficult to put a form on and sculpt so i offered a popits, pink and white..I'm wondering how long will they last?!!

Mistakes happen hun, but I would ring her and explain what you did, or not do as the case may be, and offer to fix the problem, or should they last to infill (unlikely as they will prob lift id imagine) offer to infill free of charge.
If they just 'ping' off or lift she will just put it down to a bad job, but if you call and explain it shows you know what you did wrong and are prepared to fix it!

i know its bad but i woudnt just call her and admit to it. only because for all you know they might be fine, and i wouldnt want to alarm her or give her any leverage over me iykwim.

I would just send her a message or quick courtsey call, just asking how they are and if she has any problems to let you know asap. as long as you are aware, and if there is a problem you can fix it.

depending what system you use, will depend on what happens. i know there has been a thread like this before, i dont know who it was though. but it was a CND user, and ithink the concluion was that you dont necessarily need to buff the nail, it will still adhere fine as long as you do the other prep. i think thats what was said anyway, dont hold me to it though!! lol.

I did this too - a couple of weeks ago:o Then with the next client I was so mindful not to forget this that I missed out the primer:eek: Thankfully the first set lasted till infill with no problems (huge sigh of relief) and the client with missing primer only wanted her set to last a few days and then had them soaked off so I was sort of let off the hook.

Don't let it get to you - these things happen when you're new. I suppose it's like first night nerves. Hopefully after a while these things will become automatic and 'remembering' every step will be a thing of the past.

never admit to a client that you forgot to do one of the nail procedures, i'd never do that, that's just undermining yourself, i forget to do things now and again, we can't all be perfect.
hopefully everything will be fine, hth thg:)

thank u all...i feel much better now i texted her she loves them, and there is no problem yet !! i told her if she loose any of them just call me i will do it for free....:)
thanks for all the reply xxx

Latest posts

Back