Feeling a bit deflated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen889

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

More of a rant, I guess, then anything. I'm feeling so deflated lately with my spa. One employee left two weeks ago for another job, massage therapist just told me she's leaving to go out on her own. All this and its been abnormally quiet at work, just when I finally booked myself a vacation next month :(

Started doing a bit of advertising the past few months but seems to have dried up. I just feel like renting out my extra station to another nail tech and doing my thing on my own, meaning no employees. But then I think about if it gets busy in the summer, what will I do etc. Double mani/pedi hasnt been super popular since I launched it but clients know its an option. I feel like they will be disappointed if I take it away :/ just very deflated and discouraged right now :( so tired of working away for nothing. I know it will get better as other months have been busy, just feel like complaining right now to my geek family as my boyfriend is tired of hearing it lol

Aww Jen :(
How long have you been open?
Sometimes your mojo just gets up and does a runner. Have you tried a litte revamp? What is your usp? What makes your place stand out from the rest?

Keep smiling, because when you feel you've hit the bottom there is only one way left to go...UP X

You poor thing! You feel like you're running like mad to stand still sometimes, don't you.

All I would say is don't make any rash decisions. When you're feeling like this its easy to throw money at ill thought out advertising. Look at what has worked for you and do it again and again and again. Add other forms of advertising and keep at it.
The only business decisions I have made and really lived to regret are the knee jerk ones, especially when we're quiet.

Sending you some positive vibes across the pond. And buy yourself a crystal - something pretty like an amethyst and use it on your receipts - never on your bills. Positive energies all around.

Good luck honey x

Thank you for the kind words! I can't even describe it any other way but deflated. I know it will get better (may is doing really well so far for appointments), I'm just feeling blah for the moment.

@KHS I just moved into this larger location 6months ago so definitely dont need a revamp :p finally got it looking the way I want. Biggest thing is were hidden on a second floor in the back of a building, no one knew we were here for the longest time. Started doing advertising like mad back in January and its working. Just all of this in a lump of two weeks is just annoying :/

@squidgernetball its an awful feeling to go from busy to not. I'm comforted knowing its like that everywhere in my area. Been slow for two months for everyone and unfortunately because its been slow I dont have much of a reserve for advertising (its very expensive to do anything here :/). At least I'm making all my bills :)

Good news is I found a girl to replace my beauty therapist and after all the problems with my past massage therapists I'm thinking of taking massage off the menu and focusing on just the beauty side. The massage therapist that is leaving is giving me friday nights reserved for my spa so at least I have something for now, but still thinking of canning it so to speak.

It'll pass. Not every business booms all the time you know, my salon has declined a bit for the past few months, but we're still going strong, we have a few loyal customers who help share our salon to other people. I know you can do it Jen! Goodluck!

Last edited:
Glad there is some good news now, I hope this means you will still get to enjoy your vacation.

Have you already got a refer a friend scheme, sometimes that is the best way to get people to find you in an out the way location, make your current clients bring them!

Glad there is some good news now, I hope this means you will still get to enjoy your vacation.

Have you already got a refer a friend scheme, sometimes that is the best way to get people to find you in an out the way location, make your current clients bring them!

Thanks izzidoll! Glad that stress is gone. I will indeed be enjoying my vacation as we already paid for it :p so no worry for that, thank goodness.

I do have a refer a friend program. My existing clientele is very small, its going steady but definitely could use more clients. I will be making sure my beauty therapist will mention the program to everyone as i do.

Its just been a very weird month all around my area. Seems to be getting a bit better.

Glad to hear you are better. Total understand how you felt. I feel this but try to look at the positives.
Good luck

Sent from my D5833 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thought I'd update. Well it got SO busy the past two weeks, I have been working non stop. I have now made my month of may and we haven't even started it yet! Very happy now lol

Latest posts

Back