feeling disheartened :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottish_girl

Reaction score
Ok a while back i started using CND products as i found the product i trained and use to use could be quite lifty.

Cut a long story short, lifting ins a thing of the past but i keep getting tiny air bubbles now! and its really getting to me. Sat up stairs last night to practice and in both sheer pink and clear there are tiny air bubbles, ive trawlled through this forum and read up on previous posts but it still dont seem any better :(

Im "burping" my brush and get out any little bubbles, tapping my powder and letting rest for a 3 second or so breath

Help its getting to me, i never had any problems with trapped air with my previous product, not bad i get rid of one problem to have another! ARGHH

Ok a while back i started using CND products as i found the product i trained and use to use could be quite lifty.

Cut a long story short, lifting ins a thing of the past but i keep getting tiny air bubbles now! and its really getting to me. Sat up stairs last night to practice and in both sheer pink and clear there are tiny air bubbles, ive trawlled through this forum and read up on previous posts but it still dont seem any better :(

Im "burping" my brush and get out any little bubbles, tapping my powder and letting rest for a 3 second or so breath

Help its getting to me, i never had any problems with trapped air with my previous product, not bad i get rid of one problem to have another! ARGHH

Sorry to hear you are feeling disheartened! Air bubbles are a pain in the backside, but it's often something simple that's to blame. Can you tell me what you mean exactly by 'tapping' your powder?
Have you completed CND training? Sorry if I've met you before on a training course, but I can't tell from your profile who you are IRL. Please remide me if I have! :)

I havent done the training nope, i originally trained with NSI.

I tap my powder to lift out any air in the powder before i make a bead, i think its habit more than anything!

I havent done the training nope, i originally trained with NSI.

I tap my powder to lift out any air in the powder before i make a bead, i think its habit more than anything!

Ah, ok, I get you :) Tapping your pot of powder will smooth out the surface of the powder, I often do this too, but it won't be making any difference as far as air bubbles in your bead goes.
When I started out I used to get problems with air bubbles too. After attending some training with my CND Educator I had a real 'light bulb moment' when he noticed I was overly dragging my brush across the surface of the powder when picking up a bead, this was trapping air inside every bead I picked up. I changed my routine to simply touch the flag of my brush to the surface of the powder allowing the monomer in the brush to sook up the right amount of powder, rather than dragging. My bubbles disappeared! :)

There can be other reasons for bubbles though, so it's hard to diagnose the problem without watching you work with the product.

Often we find a few teething problems when changing from one brand of product to another. Like you say, we all tend to develop little habits that may be working against us when changing to a new system.

If you want to get the best out of your CND products I'd strongly recommend having some CND training. CND's Liquid & Powder is a wonderful system, I've been using it for 14 years and I just love it, but without the relevant Education no one can be expected to get the best out the system.
I see you are based in Aberdeen (how's the snow??) so it would be quite a treck for you to come down to Edinburgh, your nearest CND Academy. If you'd like to pm me your contact details I can give you a call tomorrow and we can have a chat?
Hope we'll be able to help! :)

Ah, ok, I get you :) Tapping your pot of powder will smooth out the surface of the powder, I often do this too, but it won't be making any difference as far as air bubbles in your bead goes.
When I started out I used to get problems with air bubbles too. After attending some training with my CND Educator I had a real 'light bulb moment' when he noticed I was overly dragging my brush across the surface of the powder when picking up a bead, this was trapping air inside every bead I picked up. I changed my routine to simply touch the flag of my brush to the surface of the powder allowing the monomer in the brush to sook up the right amount of powder, rather than dragging. My bubbles disappeared! :)

There can be other reasons for bubbles though, so it's hard to diagnose the problem without watching you work with the product.

Often we find a few teething problems when changing from one brand of product to another. Like you say, we all tend to develop little habits that may be working against us when changing to a new system.

If you want to get the best out of your CND products I'd strongly recommend having some CND training. CND's Liquid & Powder is a wonderful system, I've been using it for 14 years and I just love it, but without the relevant Education no one can be expected to get the best out the system.
I see you are based in Aberdeen (how's the snow??) so it would be quite a treck for you to come down to Edinburgh, your nearest CND Academy. If you'd like to pm me your contact details I can give you a call tomorrow and we can have a chat?
Hope we'll be able to help! :)

Ha i actually snowed in atm, have roughly a foot of snow out the front and back door so everything is a no go atm! Lovely!

I no i wouldnt manage to afford the conversion course now till after xmas but it is something i want to do in the new year.

I notice you mention draggin your brush, this is something that i do all the time, so im gona have a play about again tonight and do the dipping instead see if that helps!

I will still pm my details to you even if its just to get dates for courses in the new year.

Hi

I was the same situation as you, was getting bubbles was driving me up the wall. I remember gigi saying when you place bead on nail, let it settle first don't rush, so I wait a tiny bit longer now(count to 3) and the bubbles have gone. Think I was rushing. Hope that helps you xx

Latest posts

Back