Feeling faint whilst giving a massage treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sparkle

Reaction score
I had a mobile client this morning, it was an IHM and I'd already done a DT earlier on. All was going fine until I suddenly started feeling very light headed and faint and then lost some vision. I sat down and carried on working but then felt very sick. The client had pre-payed so I finished the treatment to the time booked, packed up, gave aftercare and left (the client hadn't noticed and even tipped me!).

I've been a MT since 2008 and this is the first time something like this has happened. Is there any way to avoid it? I had a bout of flu around 5 days ago and am feeling a little tired, maybe something to do with that?

Hope you're feeling OK now.

Did you eat and rest enough beforehand?

If it were me, I would pop along to my doctor just to get it checked out.

We need to look after ourselves.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well if its only just happening now its probably just one of those things because you have been ill and are tired your blood sugar maybe.As long as it doesn't keep happening from now on then just take it as such otherwise you need to get checked at the drs.

I think there might be a weird virus thing going around. I had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago in work.

The first question everyone asked, was are you pregnant - which is a no, but it's a consideration.

Blood pressure - either high or low might also be an issue (sorry I work with a load of nurses, so I got all their ideas!)

Hope you feel better soon.
Ps the nurses told me to go and see my GP, so that's probably the best idea.

Last edited:
Something similar has happened to me a few times now. Dizzy, hot, blurry vision and then none and unable to hear anything. I went to the docs my blood pressure was fine and she told me it was normal for my age (I think I was about 17) and it is your bodies way of warning you you are going to faint if you don't sit down xx

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

I know people are going to ask if you have eaten or had enough to drink. However, my grandma in law has had a few funny turns recently straight after eating. The docs looked into it and said that when you've eaten, blood is sent to your tum to help digestion and can't always get back to your head properly = feeling faint/sick.

Just a thought.

Another thought, you may have been busy and overdoing it so book a few appointments for me time x x

Did you cleanse your chakras and 'get into the zone' before Indian head, it could be your clients bad energies. Do some reiki and cleanse yourself.

Worth getting yourself to the docs to get checked out

Cheers people, I think it was caused by a variety of things, I'd been ill and was still feeling tired, I'd only had 6 hours sleep the night before as our *** neighbours were being loud, I didn't have a lot for breakfast and my attitude was a bit wrong, it was 'I've only got two clients I'll get them done then go home and chill out' so I wasn't totally in the zone. Also one of the clients was up a flight of stairs which meant couch lugging and I didn't have a lot to drink in between each one. A case of doing too much and not taking enough time out I think, anyway I'm not doing any treatments for a couple of days now and going to relax properly.

I hope kayapapaya and tobl55 are ok now, I've learned my lesson to chill out more and look after myself more, then I'll be much better at looking after my clients xxx

Make sure you drink plenty of water when you are working keep yourself hydrated

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back