Feeling fed up!!! Any advice!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloud Nine-Emzy

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been running my business for 4 1/2 yrs and don't get me wrong, I love Beauty and all my clients particularly the regulars are lovely, I am very lucky!!! I am sitting at the computer now feeling really FED UP as the rain pours outside! I have come home for a couple of hours but have to go back out in an hour to do some evening clients and I really can't be bothered!!! It is terrible I know!!! I think I am just having a bad day! I have had a quiet start to October but this week is really booking up as I sit here typing away! Last week i sorted all my xmas promotions, newsletter and xmas retail is all boxed up ready to be put on display! I was wondering if anyone else feels like this or is it just me??!! any motivational tips???!! Usually I would look though the wholesalers and buy some new products to get me excited again but i'm on a tight budget at the mo!!! Please help!! xxx

I think its called working for yourself for 4 1/2 years! You probably just need a bit of a break.

I get bad days and call them 'duvet days' - you just want to stay in bed and pull the duvet over your head. I still go into work but keep myself to myself.
On good days I then go out to conquer the world.

Hello,
I have been running my business for 4 1/2 yrs and don't get me wrong, I love Beauty and all my clients particularly the regulars are lovely, I am very lucky!!! I am sitting at the computer now feeling really FED UP as the rain pours outside! I have come home for a couple of hours but have to go back out in an hour to do some evening clients and I really can't be bothered!!! It is terrible I know!!! I think I am just having a bad day! I have had a quiet start to October but this week is really booking up as I sit here typing away! Last week i sorted all my xmas promotions, newsletter and xmas retail is all boxed up ready to be put on display! I was wondering if anyone else feels like this or is it just me??!! any motivational tips???!! Usually I would look though the wholesalers and buy some new products to get me excited again but i'm on a tight budget at the mo!!! Please help!! xxx

Take a look at this thread..hopefully this might make you realise just how lucky you really are :hug:

http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/81915-omg-ive-taken-40-week.html

It is easy to fall into the trap you are finding yourself in..maybe there aren't enough challenges for you which stimulate...if not ..go create some :hug:

Sit back and reflect for a moment just how lucky you are to have your own business which appears to be working ..there are many out there that are really struggling so...give yourself a :smack: and get back out there and rock :hug:

This time of year is never easy because of the weather and people saving for christmas, this year we have the added pleasure of people tightening their belts early ready for christmas.

Its not been a nice day...but Im sure its a mixture of time of year, being your own boss for a few years and perhaps other worries....:)like Collin wrote it could be worse you could have taken £40 a week and not covered your rent or be like me...got guzumped on premises earlier on in the year and doing Mobile work!(I love doing treatments and clients but the driving etc I could do without).

Im sure you will be fine...if you employ a therapist get them to give you a treatment or have your nails done a fantastic colour....get a spray tan

Last edited:
A bottle of vino collapso and collapso under the duvet does it for me :)

This time of year is never easy because of the weather and people saving for christmas, this year we have the added pleasure of people tightening their belts early ready for christmas.

Its not been a nice day...but Im sure its a mixture of time of year, being your own boss for a few years and perhaps other worries....:)like Collin wrote it could be worse you could have taken £40 a week and not covered your rent or be like me...got guzumped on premises earlier on in the year and doing Mobile work!(I love doing treatments and clients but the driving etc I could do without).

Im sure you will be fine...if you employ a therapist get them to give you a treatment or have your nails done a fantastic colour....get a spray tan

On a more serious note! The above posting is good advice and sometimes it is about feeling grateful for what we have. What about an aerobics or dance class, really gives you a lift.

Have you considered the fact that you might be suffering from SAD?
Look back at your mood this time last year and as the winter months progress.

both my husband and I suffer from SAD. Consider taking St John's wort (don't if you are on the pill), join an exercise club and once every 6 weeks go on a sunbed (the old fashioned ones that you have to lie for 30 mins not the microwave 3 minute stand up cubicles).

Otherwise, book yourself in for a few treatments with someone else, that always gives a boost.

Have you considered the fact that you might be suffering from SAD?
Look back at your mood this time last year and as the winter months progress.

both my husband and I suffer from SAD. Consider taking St John's wort (don't if you are on the pill), join an exercise club and once every 6 weeks go on a sunbed (the old fashioned ones that you have to lie for 30 mins not the microwave 3 minute stand up cubicles).

Otherwise, book yourself in for a few treatments with someone else, that always gives a boost.

SAD is something that many suffer from without knowing it....although this tends to be later in the winter months when we haven't received enough sunshine for a lengthy duration of time.

A quick go on a sunbed will help boost things for you however what you really do need is sustained exposure which will..over a period of time boost you into positive vibes.

Goggle SAD lamps..I know you dont need to spend a lot to get one of these things..its simply a light box with a specific lamp which is used..its not UV so is completely safe
HTH

Latest posts

Back