Feeling frustrated...........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzybaby

Reaction score
I have a home salon which is ticking over, the main bulk of my business is nails and waxing so I've tried hard to master the L & P.
I've done various courses with Creative and when I leave I feel fired up and confident to do a good job!!!

But as time goes on I find myself slipping back into my bad habits and my work seems to go down hill!!!
my brush is either too wet or too dry so my balls are always on the wet side which means I have to wipe my brush, I seem to have to back bob all the time now for a smile line othewise it's shocking and I'm filing more now to get a shape!!!
Zone 3 has gone to pot too it's like I'm taking two steps back all the time

I'm making life hard for myself and my confidence is getting knocked again!!!
I've got the nail class book which I've read but can't seem to get my balls right again
does this happen or has happened to anyone else?
Has it got to do with the fact I'm on my own and not that busy yet?
It seems that everyone is moving forward and I'm just not getting it

Have you contacted sweet squared about it? You certainly are not the only one and they will have heard this all before i'm sure, so they will be able to point you in the right direction, maybe skill building or a 121 will be better for you (unless you have done it already). I am 100% that the guys at S2 will sort you out. Give 'em a ring today. x

Hi thanks I will
I watched the CND videos last night and know where I'm going wrong my balls are too big!!!!

The thing is I'm not that busy so I'm not getting the practise I think on average I do about three nail clients a week.

My mistake when setting up my business was not allowing a budget for advertising so I'm just plodding along leaflet dropping in my local area and leaving leaflets at shops!!

I have to give credit to the product tho Creative nails are fantastic I know I'm not applying it correctly yet it hangs on those nails!!!

I get a small amount of lifting in zone 3 which has only just started to happen I think it's because the product is too thin or brush angle was wrong but apart form that all my clients book back in every four weeks which I'm pleased with

I know tho that I'm not applying them properly like I said before I'm having to file into shape so some skill building is the answer!!!

My dilemma is that I can't afford it yet so need to build up my clients but how do you do this is you're not confident with your work?
Arhh

Hey Suzy,

The CND videos are really good but I also suggest checking out the ones that Nailzoo does. They are fab and he makes it look soo easy and there are plenty to choose from.

Keep at it hun im sure you business will pick up and you will find all the problems will sort themselves out.

Nail_baby :hug:

Hi nailbaby
thanks for your reply I'll def check out those videos
x x

Latest posts

Back