Fees for Commercial Work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
I have been approached to do manicures for some advertising work. I don't have the full details at the moment but apparently it is for 10 hours per day over 4 days.

Having never done this before, I wouldn't know what would be considered a fair and reasonable fee.

Can anybody advise please?

Thanks

no advice to give, but i just wanted to say good luck! :D it sounds so exciting too! :D x

Sorry, no experience of your situation I'm afraid. But I guess if you work out the cost of your materials, travel etc and how much you want to make an hour, you'll come to a figure.

If it's a magazine or TV company, then they might be used to paying standard daily rates for things like make-up artists, so may expect a similar fee from you x

I would be inclined to charge by the hour not the treatments as there may be a lot of hanging around! Good luck :hug:

If it's any use I do some corporate work and charge a daily rate, usually for a 6 hour day (excl. meal breaks) it's about £150. That's usually for things like IHM where I don't have to factor in product costs so much. Never done commercial work so I don't know if there are standard rates.

I would be inclined to charge by the hour not the treatments as there may be a lot of hanging around! Good luck :hug:

I agree. with Weezie

I'd be inclined to work out how long your average manicure takes, and how much you charge per manicure, convert that into an hourly rate and charge that as that would also include your product costs as that's all ready factored into your manicure cost.

I've never done any commercial or session work, but would think that an hourly rate, or day rate.

I'd be tempted to offer a day rate, which would be your hourly plus expected expenses rolled into one easy fee. Also makes the invoice easily.

Id also be tempted to take an upfront payment such as 50% non returnable deposit once they've confirmed the booking.

HOpe it goes really well!

Rebecca

I am on a job like that for 2 days and the manicurists get £140 each day working 1 til 9pm xx

Latest posts

Back