Fellow hairdresser won't use bleach/pre lightener

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siiobhan

Reaction score
I work with another stylist who refuses to use bleach under any curcomstances so to do a colour change is impossible !! If a client want to come in for a colour change she will use 12/1 wella high lift with a tiny dusting of bleach in it witch dose basically nothing ,, she bad mouths it and clients that come in are petrified of using it but how else are you supposed to do it ,, even wen I with one of my clients and she heard me doing my consultation she will come over and slate my decision and slate bleach/prelightener sand colour removals ,, we have disagreed with this countless of times so my boss has given me a Wednesday night to do colour changes/corrections , but I still worry about the clients that are booked in with my fellow stylist 😓 what do you guys think of the situation and what would you do or suggest ,,I have only been at this salon and yeah and she has been there 8 years, all the stylist they get in leave after 6months, the boss always sides with her, so now I know why ,, new geek btw love the site really helps in sticky situations

Personally I would keep your head down and not get into another situation with this work colleague. Not worth it. Just keep doing your work and if she is confrontational try and diffuse. Keep your enemies close I think the saying is - kill with kindness. If your boss is not supporting you, and you feel you can't go any further there, get another job.

Does she ever say anything about what your doing in front of your client? if she does then that is wrong, but if its in the staff room just ignore her. And like was already said, if you feel your boss wont support you if you have a problem find another salon.

Bleach is needed sometimes, thats why we have it lol. If you could do everything with highlift tint then bleach wouldnt be sold anymore. x

If she's saying anything in front of clients, I'd probably mention something to her (nicely!) but otherwise just get on with what you're doing and let her get on with what she's doing! I'm not a hairdresser but in beauty - we have the same thing with clients being petrified of gels. Just educate them properly, build trust and they will keep coming back xx

Wtf is she doing putting bleach in a highlift?!
Apart from telling her to butt out, or leave, there's not a lot you csn do If the boss sides with her

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wtf is she doing putting bleach in a highlift?!
Apart from telling her to butt out, or leave, there's not a lot you csn do If the boss sides with her

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Those good old salt and pepper shakers have come back out!

How old is this hairdresser?

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Buy some silk lift and brag about the amazing results your getting :) education is the way with people like that!

But don't let her sprinkle your silklift into her highlift!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Don't let her near it! It's pretty pricey!!! Worth it tho :)

I had never heard of sprinkling bleach into colour ever before coming on here!

I had! They did it a lot in us salons when highlift first came out.

I had never heard of sprinkling bleach into colour ever before coming on here!

Don't try it lol

I had! They did it a lot in us salons when highlift first came out.

When did highlift first come out? Lol and no don't worry I will be keeping my bleach very separate haha, I don't understand the logic behind it!

There isn't any lol but people used to think it gave more lift

You're basically just mixing bleach with 12%

A stylist I know mixes the dia light milkshake toners in with her bleach to lift and tone at the same time !

When did highlift first come out? Lol and no don't worry I will be keeping my bleach very separate haha, I don't understand the logic behind it!

I remember it in the early 90s I think.

A stylist I know mixes the dia light milkshake toners in with her bleach to lift and tone at the same time !

Does it actually work like that though?

Omfg pleeeese! I love this I know a lot of people who used to do this 😂never got the "tone" they were after tho 😂

Latest posts

Back