Fellow hairdresser won't use bleach/pre lightener

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the op what would happen though if she had a new client in who there was no other option but bleach? Does she refuse it an send that client to a different stylist? I'm just curious as ive never heard of a hairdresser that never uses bleach. I actually love bleach and can't imagine not using it I even love the smell of it lol. X

To the op what would happen though if she had a new client in who there was no other option but bleach? Does she refuse it an send that client to a different stylist? I'm just curious as ive never heard of a hairdresser that never uses bleach. I actually love bleach and can't imagine not using it I even love the smell of it lol. X

What i wanna know... does she just send them out with brassy roots and white ends ha

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

What i wanna know... does she just send them out with brassy roots and white ends ha

I 😷😷😷😖😖😖 I think I'm gonna be sick! Hahabah x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I 😷😷😷😖😖😖 I think I'm gonna be sick! Hahabah x

Lmaooooo! Thats all im picturing. Not a good image

U can sprinkle a little bleach in ur colour, but if it's mixed with 12% so u need to be very careful how much u sprinkle 😐And bleach eats colour so it probably will go yellow and u may need to tone it after anyway so it's pointless really just waisting the colour

If somebody can get away not using bleach, good for them👍👍nothing wrong with that at all

U can sprinkle a little bleach in ur colour, but if it's mixed with 12% so u need to be very careful how much u sprinkle 😐And bleach eats colour so it probably will go yellow and u may need to tone it after anyway so it's pointless really just waisting the colour

Really??

If somebody can get away not using bleach, good for them👍👍nothing wrong with that at all

Of course not, I wouldn't use bleach unless I couldn't get the desired result with tint. For example of the hair is coloured and they want to go lighter I have to use bleach. If they are a base 5 and they want a cool blonde, again I have to use bleach. You can't limit yourself by not using an essential product. That's like saying blow drying damadges your hair, so I'm gonna get your hair straight using rollers and hood dryer! Haha x

Yeah course you're not going to use bleach unless you need to.... but a lot of time you do need to. No one wants brassy highlights or roots do they? If they did our job would be a lot easier...

Yeah course you're not going to use bleach unless you need to.... but a lot of time you do need to. No one wants brassy highlights or roots do they? If they did our job would be a lot easier...

I've yet to meet the client that says, I don't want you to use bleach, so I'm happy to have brassy hair! Hahahahah x

I myself don't use 12% and I don't use heat with any chemicals, I havnt even got a 12% in my salon🙈, for me the lower dev a go the better the result

I myself don't use 12% and I don't use heat with any chemicals, I havnt even got a 12% in my salon🙈, for me the lower dev a go the better the result

So you how do you get the proper lift with a highlift without 12%?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using heat unless stipulated that you can't ie wella freelights. Even though I am a home salon and don't have the space for a climazon, since doing my MCP with Wella, I now can see how useful heat can be with colour. Especially when it's been as cold as it has. I use a plastic cap now over my colours to help keep the colour warm whilst developing.

I don't use highlift too, I would use better lower dev and cream lightener, than using 12% and highlift

All u need is patience😉

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using heat unless stipulated that you can't ie wella freelights. Even though I am a home salon and don't have the space for a climazon, since doing my MCP with Wella, I now can see how useful heat can be with colour. Especially when it's been as cold as it has. I use a plastic cap now over my colours to help keep the colour warm whilst developing.

Using plastic cap it's ok, but I seen some terrific results( Expecially at college) using climazon, and it dries out the colour too, so for me it's a no

Using plastic cap it's ok, but I seen some terrific results( Expecially at college) using climazon, and it dries out the colour too, so for me it's a no

That's only when you haven't applied a sufficient amount of colour that it dries out. Plastic cap on colour is fine, on bleach it's a no go.

That's only when you haven't applied a sufficient amount of colour that it dries out. Plastic cap on colour is fine, on bleach it's a no go.

To be honest the colour dries out a bit anyway without even using a heat and I allways applie sufficient amount of course, I just don't need the heat and I don't use it and I don't like using it

To be honest the colour dries out a bit anyway without even using a heat and I allways applie sufficient amount of course, I just don't need the heat and I don't use it and I don't like using it

Wonder why. I've never found it to dry out.

It's just my preference I guess, where I came from I never seen climazon in any salon,only in UK it's been used a lot. But again my experience was not good so I just don't use it and tbh I don't need it either, less heat on hair is better, Expecially bleach and heat is like hell on hair🙉

Latest posts

Back