Finally found my new name

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladybird

Reaction score
What do you think?

Drop Dead Nails

:)

Love it but be careful on your choice case you plan on doing more than just nails.

Love it but be careful on your choice case you plan on doing more than just nails.

I know :) I'm mainly mobile and 'mostly do nails' :). I also do a teeny bit of facial waxing and a bit of lashes - ill make sure it's promoted on my website that my husband is currently building for me - he's good at tagging to ensure all relevant searches through google etc reach the site :)

Sorry not sure about that, I know where your going with it but it doesn't sound quite right to me ...
Just my opinion and I don't want to upset you :hug:
Any other options you have thought up ?
X

ermmm........honestly?.........I don't like it!

Makes me think of a coffin or something you would find in a hardware store.

No offence.

Sorry not sure about that, I know where your going with it but it doesn't sound quite right to me ...
Just my opinion and I don't want to upset you :hug:
Any other options you have thought up ?
X

Have gone through loads but wanted one where the domain name and Facebook URL were both available :) plus when picking a website name it's good to include words that can't be mis-spelt

My thinking was along the lines of drop dead gorgeous :)

i dont like it im afraid, why dont you call yourself drop dead gorgeous then?xx

i dont like it im afraid, why dont you call yourself drop dead gorgeous then?xx

Domain name gone for that :-(

Domain name gone for that :-(

You could try www. drop dead gorgeous name of your town
For your website only and just call the business drop dead gorgeous :)

Sorry but I think it sounds like you're going to be doing nails for a funeral parlour or old people's home. I shouldn't laugh but can you imagine the old girl's face when that drops through the letterbox. She'll think it's nails for her coffin. lol lol lol I'm cracking up laughing here.

You're far too lovely looking to be calling yourself that. Think of something else. x

Ok a rethink methinks!!!!

Knockout nails? Similar but without the morbidity?

(I peeked at your profile nails for inspiration by the way and came up with that almost immediately )

Knockout nails? Similar but without the morbidity?

(I peeked at your profile nails for inspiration by the way and came up with that almost immediately )

Thank you! I think knockout sound a bit boxing orientated :)

This name games not easy!!

Tip Top Nails or Beauty

I think it's a good name. There are always double meanings to thousands of words in the English language- though quite why someone would think it's a hardware shop is beyond me :)

No-one is going to see your name/logo in isolation, it's going to be ON something, be that a sign, or a business card, website etc. so the name is only as important as the context you put it in.

If you're called "Drop Dead Nails" and your branding is colourful and fun- then it robs it of any "morbidity", and concentrates the mind on the meaning of the colloquial phrase "drop dead", as opposed to the literal.

People can (and will) pick holes in every single name. But it's really not that important.

p.s. off topic slightly- but a Sugar skull (Mexican day of the dead- google it) theme for a company called "Drop Dead Gorgeous" would be bloody awesome.

I think it's a good name. There are always double meanings to thousands of words in the English language- though quite why someone would think it's a hardware shop is beyond me :)

No-one is going to see your name/logo in isolation, it's going to be ON something, be that a sign, or a business card, website etc. so the name is only as important as the context you put it in.

If you're called "Drop Dead Nails" and your branding is colourful and fun- then it robs it of any "morbidity", and concentrates the mind on the meaning of the colloquial phrase "drop dead", as opposed to the literal.

People can (and will) pick holes in every single name. But it's really not that important.

p.s. off topic slightly- but a Sugar skull (Mexican day of the dead- google it) theme for a company called "Drop Dead Gorgeous" would be bloody awesome.

Thank you! Having slept on it I think I'm gonna go with it and agree with what you say about making it colourful and fun :). When I thought of It I never thought of morbidity side of it - to me it says stunning looking nails :) but as you say everyone will have their own take on it!

Thank you! Having slept on it I think I'm gonna go with it and agree with what you say about making it colourful and fun :). When I thought of It I never thought of morbidity side of it - to me it says stunning looking nails :) but as you say everyone will have their own take on it!

No worries- and I think you're right just to go ahead with it. The market will decide anyway! :)

(p.s. As soon as I mentioned that Idea I KNEW I had to go and design it, this is a love it/hate it logo I know...but I'm adding it to the "Brand In a Box" page on my site :)

Attachments

• Drop-Dead-Gorgeous-1.jpg
    Drop-Dead-Gorgeous-1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 86
No worries- and I think you're right just to go ahead with it. The market will decide anyway! :)

(p.s. As soon as I mentioned that Idea I KNEW I had to go and design it, this is a love it/hate it logo I know...but I'm adding it to the "Brand In a Box" page on my site :)

Thank you - I love that ! My husband is designing the website for me as he's starting a new web design business. There are loads of good names to choose but the trick is to secure the .couk and .com and Facebook page too :). Rather than pick a name only to discover you can't have the website or Facebook to market your business

Needless to say I now own the domains and Facebook page for drop dead nails :)

I love drop dead nails lol it's different unique quirky n catchy. Before opening our fashion and beauty boutique we had so many people doubt our name but so glad we kept ours 'Dirti Gerties'

Funny names are cool and rememberable in my opinion. Good luck all the best in your new venture

Latest posts

Back