Finally got my NVQ!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmad

Reaction score
Its been a long hard road for me (a thirty something with 2 kids) to take time out to train, practice, do coursework, collect a portfolio and take assessments. Finally after 10 months I have passed my NVQ 2 & 3 and boy what a relief!

Feels great to acheive a goal - not something I'm very good at. Its been hard juggling school runs finding people to look after the children and the ever elusive model to get training days under my belt. I had no idea it would be as hard as it was to do something for ME instead of being good old trusty Mum and Wife whos always there to look after everyone else.

Thanks to everyone in geekdom for supporting me and helping me along the way.

Cant wait to display my certificate with pride.

Cong' ratsIve got 2 weeks left of my NVQ 2 at college and im thinking oh my god can i do it. Im sure i will

What do plan to now you are quilfield?

Well done hun!!!

Bet you are chuffed to bits!!!!! Congratulations!!

Tilly xx

Heavenly_Nails said:
Cong' ratsIve got 2 weeks left of my NVQ 2 at college and im thinking oh my god can i do it. Im sure i will

What do plan to now you are quilfield?

Hi,
Been doing mobile work and from a salon at home for the last year. I'm moving into my own high street salon in 2 weeks so the timing couldnt be better. Bit nervous about the whole thing but I'm trying not to think about it.

I did my NVQ pretty fast track and passed so I'm sure you will be fine. It only took me so long beause I left loads of time between training days.

Good luck (not that you'll need it) and feel free to contact me if you think I can help with anything. Its still pretty fresh in my mind!

Hi,

I am doing my NVQ2 at the moment - i am doing it module by module mainly due to working full time and not having the money to do it all in one go.

I just wanted to ask a bit about the assessments, as i should be ready to do my assessments for pedicure and eye treatments soon.

Are they difficult - is there someone watching over you all through the assessment? This is the part i am so nervous about!

thanks
Rachel

I must stress that I've only done the units relating to nails (9&19). At my age I'd never find the time/inclination to do a full beauty NVQ!

I did my training and assessments at an independant training centre and not a college. Yes there was someone keeping an eye on me all the time but not right over my shoulder throughout. She was also listening to me all along even if she couldnt see what I was doing.

Not difficult though if you've practiced the treatments enough and its second nature. I'm sure you will be fine. Good luck.

Well done Emma, what an achievement... now go & knock em dead!!! LOL

Louise x :D

Well done. Thats fantastic news. My VTCT is due to finish end of June and i cant wait.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU! Xxx

Well done Emma!!!!!!!!!

Well done Emma :p and good luck in your new career.

I'm sorry to be so boring but I just want to elaborate on some points in this thread. The whole situation is so complicated that I just want to clear up, what could become, possible misunderstandings.

When Units 9 and 19 were available they were only part of a full beauty NVQ. We now have full NVQ 2 and NVQ 3 in Nail Services. Now that we have this describing 9 and 19 as NVQ2 and 3 suggests the full 'deal' instead of the nail units in beauty. Also, now nail people don't have to go near beauty to get a full NVQ.

Hope you don't mind me using your descriptions to help with a bit of understanding in the qualification stakes.

CONGRATULATIONS Emma and Good Luck rest of the way.:p
xx

I must admit I do still find this a tad confusing.

When I registered with VTCT a year ago the old NVQ was all I could work towards. Obviously since then things have changed. Should I now go back and do the new one? I'm getting vibes that the qualification I've worked so hard to acheive is now second rate.

I passed my VTCT on Wednesday it feels good doesn't it!

Latest posts

Back