Finger kind nail files

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamh

Reaction score
Hi

I heard recently that Bio are bringing out some new finger/cuticle kind nail files for blending? What files would everyone else recommend which are good for blending but kinder to the cuticles and skin around the nails? :)I know it is just down to the angle you hold your file at and practice etc. but just wondered if there were brands out there that were kinder to the skin like the new brand/file Bio is bringing out(but a little less cost?!) Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I always make sure I take the sharp edge off a new file with an old file.

Same here .. I don't find I have many problems with touching the skin around the nails with files and buffers.

I always make sure I take the sharp edge off a new file with an old file.

You couldn't be kinder than this........

Sound like marketing imo, as long as your using a 180grit maximum on the natural nail, you shouln't really be touching cuticle:confused:

I know that Bio brought out some new spongefiles in the last month or two...similar to the ones they already sell and Angie posted, but they are a different shape. Very much like the Boomerang board. I suspect its those, but maybe there's even more new ones to come out?

They are handy for beginners, I suppose, and you do get quite a nice finish but as others say, its best to have filing technique that means you aren't concerned about catching the cuticle in the first place.

You couldn't be kinder than this........

Sound like marketing imo, as long as your using a 180grit maximum on the natural nail, you shouln't really be touching cuticle:confused:

I would NEVER use anything harsher than a 240 grit on the natural nail

The new files weren't introduced for use on the natural nail anyway....they were introduced for refining and rebalancing.

You don't actually need to use any file normally on the natural nail with Bio, unless the nail has actually been buffed to a high shine, then that is just very gently removed. Bio grips the nail like nothing on this earth! 99.9% of clients than come to me, don't need the 'shine' removed the way I have been trained with L&P or other gels. I NEVER have any lifting.

Last edited:
I would NEVER use anything harsher than a 240 grit on the natural nail

We'll there you go different products different instructions
but as long as she doesn't use anything stronger than a 180 which is clased as a natural nail file than she won't be hurting the nail

Latest posts

Back