First client wanting money back

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautynails

Reaction score
After 7 years doing nails, I've just had my first client wanting her money back. I did a full set on serious nail biter & she's just come back saying she wants her money back. I've refused but just feel furious.
When you are warned that you could have problems, how can you then turn around & blame the tech.

that's pretty cheeky of her, the habit's her fault not yours.
did you get her to sign a disclaimer? i have one that includes serious munchers..i downloaded it from this site.
good on you for standing your ground:hug:

I would not give her money back, unless I had seen her nails, worked out if the problem was hers or through my work and then I would if I was at fault offer to fix them. You have rightly refused in my opinion.
cheers
Rachel:green:

that's pretty cheeky of her, the habit's her fault not yours.
did you get her to sign a disclaimer? i have one that includes serious munchers..i downloaded it from this site.
good on you for standing your ground:hug:

where in the world is that disclaimer??? i would love to have copies to hand out, as potential clients are coming to my salon and never returning on time for rebalances or not returning at all and obviously thinking that the enhancements are a "life-long" and permanent solution to natural nail problems....maybe if i had something a little more concrete other than my word, they all would believe me....i have had some clientele coming in from NSS salons in the area with badly damaged nails who have been told that the "gel" or acrylic that has been applied to their nails will make them grow and never break, so when they come to my salon for a set of enhancements, they are anticipating no problems and permanency....that disclaimer would really come in quite handy!!!

Yes. I have everyone sign a disclaimer which is part of the consultation form. When I go through it with them, I have them mark & inital anything that may cause problems, eg nail biting, medical problems, work by other techs. As well as initialing that they have been given an aftercare sheet & agree to following, & that they are away of the maintanance needed, then signed at the bottom.
She told me they started breaking after 2 days, but it took her a week to contact me (just showing up on my day off).
I read on here about things like this all the time but this is the first time it's ever happened to me.

After doing nails for 7 years and only just receiving your first complainant, you're doing wel, lol.

What was your clients complaint exactly? You did not say. Was she unhappy because they had all pinged off or was ther another reason?

After doing nails for 7 years and only just receiving your first complainant, you're doing wel, lol.

What was your clients complaint exactly? You did not say. Was she unhappy because they had all pinged off or was ther another reason?
Ignore me, I've just realized you answered this question already.

Based on the fact that she is a serious nail biter, you have every right to refuse a refund especially as she was made aware of likely problems and you have documented that.

:lol: I wouldn't say it was my first complaint, just my first major one. I've had plenty of people who wanted them longer, or didn't like the colour, or wanted the shape changed or something.
When they were done, she couldn't believe how good they looked & even commented that they looked like they were real. I think she just wanted her money back because she ate them:lol: .
If you can't tell I'm feeling alot better about then I was earlier.

:lol: I wouldn't say it was my first complaint, just my first major one. I've had plenty of people who wanted them longer, or didn't like the colour, or wanted the shape changed or something.
When they were done, she couldn't believe how good they looked & even commented that they looked like they were real. I think she just wanted her money back because she ate them:lol: .
If you can't tell I'm feeling alot better about then I was earlier.

If they winge about lentgh and shape, then no worries. Those are easily sorted.

Glad you are feeling less despondent and judging by the critique you asked for in your other 'brave day' thread, it is obvious you are talented.xx

If they winge about lentgh and shape, then no worries. Those are easily sorted.

Glad you are feeling less despondent and judging by the critique you asked for in your other 'brave day' thread, it is obvious you are talented.xx
Thank you very much:hug:

where in the world is that disclaimer??? i would love to have copies to hand out, as potential clients are coming to my salon and never returning on time for rebalances or not returning at all and obviously thinking that the enhancements are a "life-long" and permanent solution to natural nail problems....maybe if i had something a little more concrete other than my word, they all would believe me....i have had some clientele coming in from NSS salons in the area with badly damaged nails who have been told that the "gel" or acrylic that has been applied to their nails will make them grow and never break, so when they come to my salon for a set of enhancements, they are anticipating no problems and permanency....that disclaimer would really come in quite handy!!!
if you click on search and key in disclaimers it should turn up plenty for you. HTH

The main thing is that you don't feel guilty or blame yourself. If you know in your heart that you have warned her about her nails and done everything you can to prepare her for that then you are not in the wrong. Good for you for standing by your guns. There are too many people out there ready to take the biscuit!! :wink2:

I don't guarantee nails on a nail biter at all and make this very clear to them before I even start. I'm very honest with them and tell them that they probably aren't going to look as good or last as long as enhancement on healthy nails. I then get them to sign to say they understand this so there's no come back on me.

I think you're client has a cheek. I tell them I'm a 'technician not a magician'!:rolleyes:

The main thing is that you don't feel guilty or blame yourself. If you know in your heart that you have warned her about her nails and done everything you can to prepare her for that then you are not in the wrong. Good for you for standing by your guns. There are too many people out there ready to take the biscuit!! :wink2:
Nope, no guilt here. I was more p***ed off then anything. I had another new client come back today. She'd lost 3, but there was no BS. She told me straight out that she kept forgetting they were there. Why can't everyone just do that?

Nope, no guilt here. I was more p***ed off then anything. I had another new client come back today. She'd lost 3, but there was no BS. She told me straight out that she kept forgetting they were there. Why can't everyone just do that?
Because theres always one who want's something for nothing!

Latest posts

Back