First date nerves :s

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allabout beauty

Reaction score
Hey ladies ok I need your help I have a date tonight :/ Well Im just out of a 6 year relationship me and my partner still great friends ( have a 3 year old boy) and my ex and me met when we were 16 so this is my first proper grown up date lol

So was out fri end of the night in a kebab shop called spice island ( v classy lol) I was very drunk got talking to this guy called Daniel I called him Daniel Radcliffe lol well next thing I said you have great hair, a great coat and great chest hair and literally grabbed the poor guy and snogged the face of him lol well anyway he's been texting and he's really funny and wants to meet up tonight but I'm so nervous I feel so sick I'm that nervous just incase he sees me without his beer goggles and dsnt like me or its awkward I'm 1 step of cancelling lol has any other geeks got any first date tips or funny date stories ?

Lots of love
Kat ( very nervous )

Firstly- don't panic! He clearly liked what he saw hence he texted you and wants to go out :)

First dates are always the most difficult ones. Especially if you didn't practice for a long time. That's so normal!

Of course he may turn out to be a real plonker- Stay vigilant ;)

There might be a magic between you two or not. If there isn't any it doesn't mean that there is something wrong with you! So don't put yourself down! It just as well might be him being on a wrong planet,

Dating is like going out for a pizza or Chinese. It takes ages to find your perfect restaurant and a perfect dish :)

Take it easy, have fun and don't think too much :) Just go with the flow and I am sure he'll be eating off your hand by the end of the evening... If you want to :)

Oh and keep us updated!

I'm sending my positive thoughts x

Hey ladies ok I need your help I have a date tonight :/ Well Im just out of a 6 year relationship me and my partner still great friends ( have a 3 year old boy) and my ex and me met when we were 16 so this is my first proper grown up date lol

So was out fri end of the night in a kebab shop called spice island ( v classy lol) I was very drunk got talking to this guy called Daniel I called him Daniel Radcliffe lol well next thing I said you have great hair, a great coat and great chest hair and literally grabbed the poor guy and snogged the face of him lol well anyway he's been texting and he's really funny and wants to meet up tonight but I'm so nervous I feel so sick I'm that nervous just incase he sees me without his beer goggles and dsnt like me or its awkward I'm 1 step of cancelling lol has any other geeks got any first date tips or funny date stories ?

Lots of love
Kat ( very nervous )
I was the same 4 yrs ago as id come out a long term relationship and had to go on dates, (alot) so by the time i meet my boyfriend i was pretty use to them, The first date i like you felt sick, wanted to cancel, but just try and look at it like an experience, you dont ever have to see hime again if you dont like him, It will give you confidence and if he makes you laugh then least you may have a good night.
I made the mistake of having a few vinos to help but not great, i no you need to calm your nerves but dont get drunk, I found it better when i meet someone for a coffee in the day so it was short and sweet and you could run for the hills if not going well.
Or if you meet on a night maybe say im meeting my friends after as we have planned nite but could meet for hour first!
Just nothing worse then being on a date yr not feeling!
Anyway good luck, you must go and you will be fine xxx

Ooohhh exciting!!!! Hope he's taking u somewhere nice!!! Just relax and enjoy it! After 6 years in a relationship u don't want to jump straight into another relationship. Play the field and have some fun!

Thanks girls :) it has def calmed me down a little and great tips thanks so much!
Lila I was thinking of having a few vino's lol would it be best not too ?
See I have no idea where we are going so I don't know what to wear aghhhhh!!!
Xoxoxo

Thanks girls :) it has def calmed me down a little and great tips thanks so much!
Lila I was thinking of having a few vino's lol would it be best not too ?
See I have no idea where we are going so I don't know what to wear aghhhhh!!!
Xoxoxo

Well i use to be drunk off one vino :) (cheap date i know) but maybe have one just watch when your on date, maybe have a coke then wine as you may be a lil nervous so will drink more, Im just giving advice as know what its like but really dont get worried, you will be fine, just think right im meeting a pal for a drink, no pressure just a drink. I went on about 10 dates before i meet my patner and before dating i had no confidence but after that many dates i became quite relaxed about it, still got a lil nervous but thats good, its nice to feel like that :)
He may be the man of yr dreams but you will never know until you go :D
And trust me you will be fine :hug:xxx

Well ladies I went I was nervous but the nerves all left as soon as we met up and it was lovely we went to a lovely Bar I had a great time :) can't wait to have more dates with him :)

Lots of love Kathryn
Ps thanku so much ladies you really helped me out

Well ladies I went I was nervous but the nerves all left as soon as we met up and it was lovely we went to a lovely Bar I had a great time :) can't wait to have more dates with him :)

Lots of love Kathryn More
Ps thanku so much ladies you really helped me out

Awww was just thinking about you, so pleased it went well, and good on you for going as its not easy.
All the best for the future :hug:x

Glad it went well! :) xx

Aww sounds like you had fun! nice one xx

Well done you! Glad you had larks :)

Lovely wee thread. Glad it went well. Happy dating X

Love is in the air......just have fun be yourself with him keep me updated on the romance...so happy for you.

Latest posts

Back