First ever competition!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katherine21

Reaction score
hi everyone,
im thinking of entering the clothes show young nail tech of the year but wondered if any one on here had entered it before. thought some advice from a pro would be good. :lol:

thanks xxx

Ive never heard of the comp hun and I'm guessing neither has many others as you have had no replies,
give us some more info and maybe a link and we will have a look for you,
just the word young would disqualify me from been an entrant lol

Ive just been reading up on this and was thinking of entering myself. Ive been thinking about competing in competitions, but thought that im prob not good enough, but thought what the heck, i might try and give it a go.

There is the young nail tech comp which is for under 25's and then the nail tech comp for over 25's. check out the link. xx

www.healthandbeautysalon.uk.com

well, i might have a go.

2 things concern me....

1. the judging. it says that it will be judged by an expert panel of make up artists. no offence to make up artists, but does their training cover nails to that kind of standard ?

2. how am i going to convince them i'm over 25 ?:lol:

I don't know about the competition you are talking about, but I do know a little bit of competitions.

I would say, go for it! Don't be afraid to get the last place. I know, I know, I am always afraid of that, but I do enter although I am afraid of it. It may sounds daft that I am afraid of it, as I have won some competitions, but you can never be assure 1. of your own performance THAT day. 2. of the other competitors. The day I am not afraid of my own performance, that day I will stop compete. If you think about it, somebody has to get the first place, and somebody has to get the last place that's how it is.

If you don't win and if you GET the last place, I am sure you will learn a lot from it. You will learn how you react under pressure and it WILL make you a better tech. You will get a score-sheet and from that you can pick up a lot. I will advise you to go through the score-sheet with an experienced tech who can tell you what you need to improve.

When competing you also get in contact with lots of techs. To be a nailtech can be lonesome, but at competitions you get a "buzz" and you get the feeling of being part of a community. For me, this "networking" has meant a lot.

And at last, competitions is supposed to be FUN. I am always nervous before the competition, but when doing the competition-nails I am always having fun.

OK, enough chit-chat for today...:-D

Good luck!

C.

thanks guys!
i have downloaded the entry form and im gonna have a bash!!!:eek:
xx

Good luck hun :hug:

I've not competed before and have been putting it off for ages coz i'm so scared, but think i might just do it!! aarrggghhh scary!

Really want to do the nailympics in september but its the day i fy home from the US :cry:

Any tips for competition nails?
Thanks in advance x

Latest posts

Back