First ever stiletto nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Nails

Reaction score
this is my first ever stiletto nail on myown finger xx

have had another little file and tidy up and added two more pics. please geek away girls. xxxxx

Attachments

• almond 1.jpg
    almond 1.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 53,066
  • almond 2.jpg
    almond 2.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 3,437
Last edited:
As I'm just training I can't give you any constructive feedback but it looks really good to me hun:biggrin::biggrin:

thanks hun my camera is pants its so much better in the flesh. The camera makes it look fat lol. Good luck with training you will become addicted xxxx

Last edited:
Oh I know! I nearly didn't want to put my picture up because it the nails looked so much better in the flesh!!!

Oh god I know lol. I will have a look at yoursxxx

Hi hun.

It is a good job for your first try.

I have a few comments:
First of all for me that is not stilettoe, it is almond shaped, but that ofcourse is MY opinion and others may say they consider it stilettoeshaped.
Second (again IMO) the sidewalls needs pinching, it is possible to create a fairly short stilletto nail and still keep the tapered look on it.
Third of all a much deeper smile would make it look slimmer also.

I would have loved to see a sidepicture, as the strenght in a stilletto is very much the structure.

Keep practising! :wink2:

Thank you so much for your comments. Yes I agree about the almond shape lol I shall keep practising that. Will try and put a side view on in a minute. Plus will take a look at more stiletto pictures to try and get the shape right.

Mind you I was so darn excited at doing this it was a little hard on myself mind xx

Fab for a first go! :wink2:

Do u have a pinching tool?? I absolutely couldn't be without mine when creating this or any other shaped nail.

Well done tho. xx

Thanks for adding more piccies:lol:

The sideview is great, the shape is good, although you filed just a bit to much of the sides, but I'm sure you are aware of this.

So now all you have to do is another one with a deeper smile-line.:lol:

A little tip on that (when you do them on yourself) do the smile-line in reverse like this: sculpt a nailbedextension, remove the form (you can pinch a bit in this step), file in a deep smile line, on with a new form and go crazy with the colours LOL and then build structure with clear. If using tips you can still do a reverse and perfect it with a file, abit more fiddly, but possible!

Cheers girls that's great advice. Bit scared of pinching tools but I'm going for some more training next week so will ask my trainer. I pinched a clients nail with my own fingers once just a very very tiny bit to give her nail a little more c curve she said the nail hurt that night. I really just did a little bit but from then on it scared me.

To be truthful I was trying out an old philosophy that by doing something you don't feel comfortable with makes other things seem easier lol.

Mind you I can't stop looking at it lol xxx

Needs pinching.
Not a Stiletto ( stiletto is much sharper :) )

sideview is good!

This is a brilliant first attempt. I think the length and colours are great.

Cheers for all the comments guys I now have said pinching tool ready for my next attempt. Plus I did a second attempt which I posted somewhere on here. Hmm love wacky nails xx

Latest posts

Back