First eye brow waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emk32

Reaction score
Just done my first eye brow wax on a non paying client as just practicing after doing my course.

Omg my hand was shaking to start think I might of plucked more than waxed as did want her to leave with some eye brows. Lol

Not sure if I like doing them but with some more practice hopefully I will get better!

Anyone got some top tips to master eye brows?

Hi EMK

I'm relatively new to waxing also but have done quite of lot of eyebrows, which I do enjoy. I'm not particularly confident with hot wax so use creme wax and paper strips.

The tips I would offer are as follows:

Until you feel a bit more confident, use a cotton bud to put a very small amount of vaseline on the part of the brow you are not waxing.

Cut the paper strips into small eyebrow shaped pieces.

Use wax to take out the majority of the hairs you want to remove and use tweezers to fine tune the brow afterwards.

Eyebrow areas can be a bit greasy, especially if the client has a fringe which hangs over her brows so make sure you pre-cleanse and dry the area to be waxed first.

Make sure the wax isn't too hox but is also soft enough not to drag the skin.

When you place the stip on the wax, press down but don't squish it about too much.

When you remove the strip, remember to really stretch the eyebrow area to reduce the "ouch" factor as it can be a really sensitive area.

Tweeze any hairs you don't get with the wax, avoid going back over waxed areas with wax or it could become red and sore.

Use post wax and aloe vera gel to calm and soothe.

I've sort of stuck pretty faithfully to this and touch wood, haven't had any problems so far.

Hope this helps
PB
x

I don't like shaping with wax so when i have to reshape eyebrows i "tidy" with wax and shape with tweezer

Depending on the wax you use you can get very good results without having to plug any hairs which will cut down your treatment time by a lot.
I would recommend to use a non strip wax for those areas as its targeted for the more sensitive areas and makes shaping much easier for you.

I agree with wowbb about using non-strip wax, it is a lot kinder on sensitive areas and all my clients say they prefer it since I changed over :)

It's important for my customers to leave with a face that doesn't have red stripes across it!

Why can't we agree as an industry that modern "hot wax" is usualy about 20 degrees C cooler than "warm wax"!?? It's strip wax (hot with strips) and non-strip wax (cooler no strips) as far as I'm concerned!

Using such wax (non-strip) you will benefit the customer through reduced heat, and comfort through more controlled pressure on the skin post waxing. You'll also find that because you can see the wax going on it's far easier to shape.

Perron Rigot can help - and remember "no" to double dip!

Shiny side to shiny sticks best - so your over brow strips can be used to remove the upper eyelid strips for max comfort.

Happy Waxing! Jason.

I also use orange wood sticks or birch-wood sticks instead of a spatula for applying the wax to the eyebrow as it's much easier to shape the eyebrow and just the right amount of wax can be held on the stick 

xxx

Latest posts

Back