Fish pedicures!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These spas cannot transfer diseases to humans,

It is sterilized thoroughly, 22 times per hour using uv sterilization to ensure the health and safety of our clients,staff and of course our fish!

:)

Never say never! While its true that fish don't carry many zoonotic diseases Most living things can carry salmonella , rare though it maybe

How do the fish survive in a Sterile environment ?

Www.lilmissbuffit.com
Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

These spas cannot transfer diseases to humans,you are at no more risk than a visit to the swimming baths. We use state of the art filtration system in each of the units so the water is constantly circulated through the filters at over 1000 litres per hour and filltered down to 5 micron reducing bacteria by 99.99%. It is sterilized thoroughly, 22 times per hour using uv sterilization to ensure the health and safety of our clients,staff and of course our fish! A 25% water change is also done every other day.

It is essential that clients fill in a disclaimer form and by no means can they use it if they have any open wounds, verrucas etc. If they have a tiny cut - which is scabbed over, not fresh (perhaps where their shoe has rubbed) we give them a waterproof plaster. Sarah22... the reason your friend was bleeding was because the fish automatically go for the dead skin. This is why if its a small enough cut a waterproof plaster can be used to cover it up.

Although the fish pedicures are good for eczema and psoriasis, it is important that there are no open wounds where the client has been scratching.

Because the water is constantly filtered, by the time the next client has come in, signed the disclaimer and cleansed their feet with hot cloths, the water is clean ready for them to use.

I understand where they bad news spreads from, because before my mum opened her fish spa we trialed many salons, and we too experienced bad service.
Please dont let this put you off because there are good salons out there!

:)

I just wanted to get it done to see if the staff personally checked for fungal nail infections, verucca's, athletes foot, etc... They didn't!! I've since found out that they don't even have the proper fish!!

My friend didn't start bleeding until a few minutes after putting her feet in the water. She didn't have a scab or an old wound, it was purely from the fish. Is this normal?

Glad to know that you're taking health and hygiene so seriously. If I was based closer to you, I would definitely go to you :) xx

I just wanted to get it done to see if the staff personally checked for fungal nail infections, verucca's, athletes foot, etc... They didn't!! I've since found out that they don't even have the proper fish!!

My friend didn't start bleeding until a few minutes after putting her feet in the water. She didn't have a scab or an old wound, it was purely from the fish. Is this normal?

Glad to know that you're taking health and hygiene so seriously. If I was based closer to you, I would definitely go to you :) xx

Yeah it doesnt sound good! There are a few breeders who are selling fish as garra rufa's to salons when they arn't.

Garra Rufa or Not? | Pink Elle Reviews...

This website states that...

The fake Garra Rufa or Chin Chin Yu, on the other hand is wide and is said to belong to the tilapia or carp family. These fish are apparently starved so when you put your foot into the water, it’s food to them and so naturally they start nibbling on whatever dead and flakey skin you have. This then gives the illusion of smooth skin once you’re done with the treatment but it doesn’t have any real benefits. In fact, from what I read, it seems like you might be no better off compared to using a pumice stone!

This is really unfair on the fish to be starving them! Some fake garra rufa's also have teeth which may be a reason for the bleeding?
Real garra rufa's can be spotted as they have a dark stripe at the base of their tail and a two dark spots either side of their head.

Awh, Im glad you would use us :) its not nice having people being put off by 'stories'. We do our best for the welfare of the fish and the hygiene of our clients. Health and Safety did a routine check to our salon last week as we are quite new and they said in the whole of the UK, not one person has made a complaint about fish therapy yet, so fingers crossed it stays this way :)

I have done lots of research on this and spoken with many companies involved in making and stocking these tanks. I have even had a meeting with the councils environmental health dept.

The only risk to the client lays with the therapist overseeing the proceedure. A footspa / clean water bowl should be used prior to treatment to ensure the feet are free of dust and fibres from shoes / socks. The feed completely checked to ensure they are healthy.

My mum has really bad psorisis on her feet, she says the fish ped is better than anything the docs have given her. She goes three times a week during the winter months when it tends to flare and at least once a week any other time. She loves it!

She says she would have a full body one if she could!

Never say never! While its true that fish don't carry many zoonotic diseases Most living things can carry salmonella , rare though it maybe

How do the fish survive in a Sterile environment ?

Www.lilmissbuffit.com
Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Bump my post :)

Latest posts

Back