Fish pedicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha luv it they do come up with some crazy but clever ideas! :)

well they do use Maggots in some hospitals (fact) "Google maggot therapy", so fish in a footspa doesn't surprise me.

ok i think i'm gona puke now....lol

why? honnestly why would you puke?

these are "medical" ways used since forever, if there was something to be disgusted/worried about, don't you think they would of stopped using it 2000yrs ago?? lol

hi hun,

Having an injection is also a medical thing but that doesn't mean that people crave for it!
Know what i mean?
Anyhow, i found disgusting the fact that the man was drinking the water, not the fish procedure.
Only with the best intentions!

Kisses

yeah but an injection is something quite new ;)
and I like seeing when it's done on me. call me weird

as for the water, I can understand (my rationnal brain side) but my other brain side... says you drink water too!! lol. the fish has eaten any "living" tissue...

well they do use Maggots in some hospitals (fact) "Google maggot therapy", so fish in a footspa doesn't surprise me.

yes they do for severely infected wounds and dead skin tissue it has been used and recognised for hundreds of years.It has also been reported that the larvae of the maggots may be of value in managing some forms of cancer.

As for drinking the water i understand it it is slightly off putting but we drink water from the tap..have you seen what is in water reservoirs before you drink it.

I have had this treatment in Bangkok but did not know it was in western countries now. I wanted to see what the results would be, I was shocked as I do suffer from dry skin on the soles of my feet and I have to scrub them daily. While away I leave them so they were pretty bad. After the treatment my feet were soft.

It felt funny with the fish swimming about, you cannot feel any biting just tickling.

Can anyone answer the "fish-waste" question? Where does it go? I totally understand the medical leach/maggot thing. But people don't use those in groups, one after another. If you only knew what the state of Texas requires us to do after EACH pedicure!

Can anyone answer the "fish-waste" question? Where does it go?!

high temperature water they use makes it difficult for anything bacterial and fungal to survive even from the fish waste ,they also use U.V rays that kill the bacteria and the water is constantly filtered to rid it of fish waste and skin debris

My first reaction was "OMG!" but then, I thought...hmm...you can't get a 'greener' pedicure!

I've brought it up with my clients a few times this week during regular conversation and surprisingly they ALL said, "I'd try that!"

Maybe I should check into this a little more.....

I am absolutely fasincated by this and I would definately go for it. I also think they are very very cute lol.

I knew there had been a thread about this recently! It's beng shown on BBC Breakfast this morning. I think it's over here now :eek:

I think I'd give it a go just so I can tell customers what I thought of it :)

xx

I just watched it and I actually think I would like to try it :)

Apparently they're called Garra Rufa fish or 'Doctor Fish'. You're not allowed any cuts on your feet and you dangle your feet in for 30 minutes then have a standard pedi and all for 25 quid.

Apparently there are no regulations in this country for it as it's so new(surprise, surprise), and for hygiene they empty the water after each person and there are fitration units too, they can't use chemical cos it's kill the fish.

Apparently it's proving really popular so they're thinking about extending it to full body :eek:

Thought I'd give you a run-down on what I saw, apologies if people already know :o

xx

Latest posts

Back