Fitting extensions on a 50 year old... Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShannonJo

Reaction score
I have a client who is 50, already quite long hair and just wants a bit of thickness.

Is there anything else, apart from the usuals that I may need to check, because of her age? Thanks

id maybe offer more maintenance than usual incase of hair loss/thinning just to keep a closer eye on them other than that same procedure as usual :)

I am 50 and I have no thinning at all and have plenty of clients in there late forties and fifties and there hair is thicker than some of the 20 year olds lol

Oh that's good that makes me feel much better about it.

shes 50 not 500 haha! you'll be fine. i have a lot of clients in there 40s and 50s who have bobs but prefer the thicker bouncy look, and tbh no change to the usual, as lancashirelass said most of them have better hair than the young 'uns, and definately care for their hair better :D hope it goes well x

hahahaha! I'm sorry, but you sound like because she's 50 she's from another planet or something. :D

50 is'nt old!

Treat her just the same as any other client. It's fine, she wont bite. hehehehehe!

Hehe these comments make me giggle!

I didn't mean anything by it just wondering if they need anything extra! Hehe! I'm making myself giggle now! Lol!

My 50+ clients probably have the best hair of all the age groups :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

My mom is 63 and has thicker hair than everyone I know... apart from me that is!

I hate doing my mothers hair... takes soooooo long! x

I think that's a fair question! Woman in that age can be going through menopause that really affects the hormones and hair. I ask this at my consultations.

I think that's a fair question! Woman in that age can be going through menopause that really affects the hormones and hair. I ask this at my consultations.

this is true. i do ask about any hormonal changes and medication to everyone right enough and you are right, the woman who are menopausal when you say the word "hormone" will tell it like it is :) x

I suppose when your 20 or 30 years old 50 sounds ancient but trust me it creeps up on your lol, I remember when the hairdresser told me I had a grey hair, I thought Jesus Christ really have I got a grey hair, i thought old women got grey hair lol but then I thought mmmmmm perhaps if I am getting grey hair a least it will be something to brag about, only thing is my hair ain't ever gonna be grey as long as colour is around as I change mine on a regular basis

Latest posts

Back