Flat tummy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch-ela

Reaction score
This is on my Christmas wish list. Ooops! I have mentioned the C word.

Anyway, is this realistic? Are there any fitness fanatics out there that could help me achieve this without going under the knife? Or maybe some yoga exercises?

Ideally, I would like a few exercises to do on a daily basis that will keep my tummy nice and toned and that I can carry out in the mornings or evenings at home.

Far FAR too early for the C word :eek:

As for the flat tummy I wish you well. The nearest I came to it and with the minimum effort was from using the wii!
First thing every morning before my shower I'd get up stick on the wii and do some warm up stuff, then do the sit ups on it (they are called something else but can't remember it right now) and vary some of the other exercises but mainly squats and ones that work the waist. Then do some of the yoga moves on it.
20-30 minutes every morning and it wasn't too strenuous but it really worked to tone up and reduce my tummy and thighs. It also keeps a record of your weight and fitness to keep you going.
Obviously this is of no help if you do not have a wii....but I'm now thinking I may plug mine back in, so thanks for this thread :)

I hardly eat anything (not on purpose just not really bothered about food!) And I exercise everyday and im a size 8 weigh 9 stone and I still dont have a toned belly!

I think no matter how much I exercised id still have that little pouch on my belly and inner thighs so im trying laser lipo on Saturday! Ill let you no how that goes I also do wii fit n stuff aparantly weighted hula hoops are good (is that the word? Im just thinking of the crisps now lol) hmmm not sure what else ill have a think!

<3 Stephanie <3

Avoid sit ups like the plague.
Plank, plank, and plank again. Leg raises, functional exercises (kettlebell!) HIIT cardio.. reality is though, abs are made in the kitchen so reduce salt, increase fiber and good fats, decrease simple carbs

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would recommend giving the Plank challenge a go. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results. I would also recommend the squat challenge too to compliment it, engage the core whilst you do this one too.

Finally, think about what you're eating. No need to go all out with a diet, just cut down on some of the sugars you're eating (and probably don't realise) If you're in town and fancy a latte, swap it for a bottle of water and stay on the go. Think of the abs ;)

Plank, plank, and plank again. Leg raises, functional exercises (kettlebell!) HIIT cardio.. reality is though, abs are made in the kitchen so reduce salt, increase fiber and good fats, decrease simple carbs

What she said ^^^ :p and drink loads of water

<3 Stephanie <3

Why avoid sit ups?

I'd really recommend bikram yoga, it will help everything but really focusses on core strength. You're supposed to do it in a ridiculously hot room but my old dance teacher said it's not necessary. Plus you can do it anywhere. :)

Attachments

• postures.jpg
    postures.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 143
I'd really recommend bikram yoga, it will help everything but really focusses on core strength. You're supposed to do it in a ridiculously hot room but my old dance teacher said it's not necessary. Plus you can do it anywhere. :)

Thank you, Kristalinx, that is a great poster. Reminds me of the yoga that I used to do so I really should be able to think of a little routine for myself. I'll print that off.

Nearlyme, what is planking? I don't eat a lot of carbs so I do know how to watch my diet. I just need a bit of tightening up round the middle.

Attachments

• 1404338043415.jpg
    1404338043415.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 88
Far FAR too early for the C word :eek:

As for the flat tummy I wish you well. The nearest I came to it and with the minimum effort was from using the wii!
First thing every morning before my shower I'd get up stick on the wii and do some warm up stuff, then do the sit ups on it (they are called something else but can't remember it right now) and vary some of the other exercises but mainly squats and ones that work the waist. Then do some of the yoga moves on it.
20-30 minutes every morning and it wasn't too strenuous but it really worked to tone up and reduce my tummy and thighs. It also keeps a record of your weight and fitness to keep you going.
Obviously this is of no help if you do not have a wii....but I'm now thinking I may plug mine back in, so thanks for this thread :)

Thanks Izzidoll, I do have a wii, but I find it boring tbh. It's fun to do with others and I used to do the steps, but I don't feel motivated enough to get it hooked up again for fitness. I'll have a think about it.

I do go to the gym, I really like the treadmill. It clears my mind too.

My favourite. Make sure all your weight is forward- that you are on your tippy toes. Really want to push it? Lift yoyr opposite arm and leg slowly off the floor and then slowly lower it back. Oooeweeee

Attachments

• 1404338378474.jpg
    1404338378474.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 85
This has reminded me I was suppose to start insanity 2 weeks ago.

Oh well, I'll just carry on stuffing my face with red velvet cake, and think about it some more tomorrow.

My favourite. Make sure all your weight is forward- that you are on your tippy toes. Really want to push it? Lift yoyr opposite arm and leg slowly off the floor and then slowly lower it back. Oooeweeee

So do you lift your body off the floor to reach this position? Hold it there or repeat?

You really need to do a few You tube tutorials Nearlyme. Leave out the pelvic floor ones, I know how they work, thanks :wink2:

Attachments

• 1404338793185.jpg
    1404338793185.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 63
You could try a waist trainer/cincher not the ones that lace up but a latex hook an eye one that is still flexible.Its a modern version of a corset so doesn't compress all your internal organs so not dangerous, and I've seen them work with my own eyes Hugely popular in America at the mo.

You could try a waist trainer/cincher not the ones that lace up but a latex hook an eye one that is still flexible.Its a modern version of a corset so doesn't compress all your internal organs so not dangerous, and I've seen them work with my own eyes Hugely popular in America at the mo.

Ive seen so many great results with these! They are quite expensive though. I looked into it a while ago, but got a little overwhelmed with getting the right one. Is it the right boning, do i want lace up or hook eye, do i want a front tying one or back tying one. Ahhhhh :Scared:

Oh, I've not heard anything about those. Will google, thanks Gillian.

If you think about it years ago women wore corsets all the time especially after having babies,they were recommended to help their backs and knit the muscles back together.Im talking the 30s,40s 50s not the ones before that were very restrictive.
Materials were also non stretchy and women had much smaller waists and much better posture.Now we let everything hang out.
I wore one for a day and you have to sit up straight and you can't eat huge meals.I was only curious so didn't carry it on but the next day my stomach ached like I had exercised.

I too will google. When I was a little girl my tummy protruded. Mum, instructed by our GP, would wrap my little tummy in tight bandages. I don't remember any of it so it mustn't have annoyed me too much. That was 45 ish years ago!

Latest posts

Back