Flexi lash adhesive users, Help please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinxy501

Reaction score
Hi, this is my 1st thread so bear with me
I have just bought some products from glam lash and tested them out yesterday on my work partner and she did my lashes, however this morning we have spoken to each other and we have both lost quite a lot of lashes!!!:Scared: it seems as if you gently pull them the lashes will just slide off, some seem to be stuck well thou.
we trained with lash perfect in may 2009 and i now feel i have the confidence to explore other companies and the products they supply, i have used the original and the odour free lash perfect glue, odour free is toon slow setting for me but their original adhesive vapours are quite strong and lots of clients are allergic to it.
Can anybody help me please by telling me what your experiences are?
Thanks x

hmmmm, I am new to lashing and use Glam Lash, I have also had Glam Lashes on myself with their Flexilash adhesive, but I have not had this problem at all.
Perhaps if you are used to a different adhesive you may need a little practice with the new glue.....I had a try with a different adhesive a couple of weeks ago and found it very different to work with as the consistency was a lot more runny.
Perhaps some of the more experienced Glam Lash users mnay be able to give you some pointers.
Lou x

Personaly, I didnt like the glamlash adhesive at all. Waaaaayyyyy too slow for me, and the patch testing just dosent work in my business!
Some adhesives require that you need more/less of them, (as I found with a sensitive glue I tried recently) so may be worth playing about with it? Sorry if thats not much help

hmmmm, I am new to lashing and use Glam Lash, I have also had Glam Lashes on myself with their Flexilash adhesive, but I have not had this problem at all.
Perhaps if you are used to a different adhesive you may need a little practice with the new glue.....I had a try with a different adhesive a couple of weeks ago and found it very different to work with as the consistency was a lot more runny.
Perhaps some of the more experienced Glam Lash users mnay be able to give you some pointers.
Lou x

Hi Lou,
Thanks for your reply so quickly!!
which different adhesive did you use do you mind me asking? did you do your training with glam lash? I thought the glam lash was a lot more runny than what i usually use and i really liked that about it, i wiped the lash down the natural lash a couple of times to coat with the glue then if their was excess glue i just touched extension on eyepad (not at the root end though) to remove and then stroked the lash into place,
oooohhhh its so frustrating when you dont know the answers haha x

I think it was ABX....not sure though....Yes i trained with Glam Lash.........just a thought, did you shake the bottle for a minute before dispensing the adhesive?

Personaly, I didnt like the glamlash adhesive at all. Waaaaayyyyy too slow for me, and the patch testing just dosent work in my business!
Some adhesives require that you need more/less of them, (as I found with a sensitive glue I tried recently) so may be worth playing about with it? Sorry if thats not much help

Hi Sassylashes,
Thanks for your reply, Any comments are gratefully received, i dont know if i would want to put any more glue on cos i dont want loads of stickys, and i felt if i put any more on it would be too loaded too many of them little bobbles of glue if you know what i mean?
Are you still using x-press adhesive? sorry i'm not a stalker but i've been reading 100's of threads and making notes on here and the eyelash extension chat haha x

I think it was ABX....not sure though....Yes i trained with Glam Lash.........just a thought, did you shake the bottle for a minute before dispensing the adhesive?

yeah i did shake it a good vigourous shake but not for a whole minute only prob about 5seconds

Are you prepping your lashes properly? x

Hi there I only did my training last week but the kit that came with the course had secret lash adhesive in it and the fumes were really bad my eyes were red and uncomfortable for 2 days after, on the training day I purchased the flexi lash glue from my trainer as I didnt want to use the secret lash one and I have done 3 sets so far since using the flexi lash adhesive and have checked with each of my guinea pigs and they are all happy with their lashes and havn't lost more than one or two lashes each. Maybe it's just a case of trying it a few times as it's a new one to you. X

Are you prepping your lashes properly? x

Hi, yes i bought the primer from glam lash too, it says with their primer 2soak a cotton pad with primer and cleanse the lashes so i did that b4 i put my gel pads on and then i followed my lash perfect trained way of prepping which is to dispense a small amount of primer onto the jade stone and using a micro brush soaked in primer go down the lashes in small sections with a sponge aplicator underneath lashes to support them and throughly clean.
i did use my lash perfect primer for this thou, do you think that could be the problem? x

I would think that it is something in the prep as the glue is very strong. It could be something that the client is doing after, are they following all the given aftercare? They wont slide off unless oil is introduced to them

Very odd go through every step

Hi Sassylashes,
Thanks for your reply, Any comments are gratefully received, i dont know if i would want to put any more glue on cos i dont want loads of stickys, and i felt if i put any more on it would be too loaded too many of them little bobbles of glue if you know what i mean?
Are you still using x-press adhesive? sorry i'm not a stalker but i've been reading 100's of threads and making notes on here and the eyelash extension chat haha x

Oooooo go on, stalk me, it will make me feel a bit special:lol::lol::lol:

I do use the abx xpress lash, (yellow top) as I love the consistency etc.
I feel like Iv tried a million glues though so sometimes you have to try lots till you find one you are happy with xx

I would think that it is something in the prep as the glue is very strong. It could be something that the client is doing after, are they following all the given aftercare? They wont slide off unless oil is introduced to them

Very odd go through every step

ok here go's......

check client has no eye make up on wipe using oil free make up remover anyway just to be 100% sure
clean lashes with glam lash primer
tape down difficult outer corners of bottom lashes
fit gel pads ensuring all bottom lashes are covered
prime lashes using micro brush soaked in primer( making sure not to touch skin too much) use a sponge applicator to support lashes underneath, do this in small sections so as to be sure all lashes are cleaned throughly
i would have already discussed lenght and shape etc with the client when doing my record card with them
put out lashes onto my leather type mat
jade stone already with tape across, shake glue and dispense a small amount onto taped area
begin lashing
sometimes i would tape up sections of lashes b4 begining (but after priming) but in this instance of the glam lash i put about 20 lashes in 1st used these as the bones then taped these up across the brow line thus lifting and exposing natural lashes
carry on more lashing, checking for stickys, combing through, re taping etc until procedure was finished and i understand that with glam lash there is no need to apply a sealer
after care i would give is no water for 24hours, avoid eye cream or moisturiser arond eye area, no mascara unless it was water based and regular top ups

my friend client has lost about half of the lashes i put on but some are held tight on, the 1's she did me, we counted 30 on each eye (half set) i now have only 3 left! and that was yesterday and i know all about after care
normally with lash perfect glue i dont have these massive problems and i do the same procedure
WHY is it all going belly up i just dont understand? aarrggghhh lol xxx

All I can think is that you haven't shaken the bottle sufficiently, we were trained to shake the bottle for a minute before use. xx

Oooooo go on, stalk me, it will make me feel a bit special:lol::lol::lol:

I do use the abx xpress lash, (yellow top) as I love the consistency etc.
I feel like Iv tried a million glues though so sometimes you have to try lots till you find one you are happy with xx

hahaha nice 1 sassy thanks lets hope i can get sorted soon!!! Laura Grant is next on my stalk list lol x

Last edited:
All I can think is that you haven't shaken the bottle sufficiently, we were trained to shake the bottle for a minute before use. xx

thanks lou i'll give that a whirl, i'll have to try and put some on myself later, no doubt that'll be fun x

This happened to me when I first started using this glue...you need to use enough glue on each lash and ALSO as soon as the glue starts to go a bit 'globby' (starts to dry out) on the jade stone...put some more fresh glue on stone to continue with...

Do this and you should be fine using this glue-i use it regularly on sensitive eyes...

hahaha nice 1 sassy thanks lets hope i can get sorted soon!!! Laura Grant is next on my stalk list lol x

oh no i already have a jealous nasty real life stalker on this site already but would love a freindly one hahaha
love the glue queen

oh no i already have a jealous nasty real life stalker on this site already but would love a freindly one hahaha
love the glue queen

haha laura i've been reading all of your posts on here and wake up in your make up, really helpful tips though i've learnt so much from them. yes i had noticed that some of replies do over step the mark sometimes which isnt the way to move forward really. You really are the glue queen as well i can see myself fast becoming one also as i have already lost a little faith in the flexi lash! and there seems so many other good 1's to try.
i will pm or e mail you later cos i got a few more things i just wanted to double check on x

love the glue queen

haha laura i've been reading all of your posts on here and wake up in your make up, really helpful tips though i've learnt so much from them. yes i had noticed that some of replies do over step the mark sometimes which isnt the way to move forward really. You really are the glue queen as well i can see myself fast becoming one also as i have already lost a little faith in the flexi lash! and there seems so many other good 1's to try.
i will pm or e mail you later cos i got a few more things i just wanted to double check on x

Latest posts

Back