Flickering eyes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Please help. I had a client in today that I patch tested for a full set of lash extensions. So I put a few lashes on and the client is due to come back tomorrow. I am really dreading it. I haven't done that many sets but have never seen someone's eyes flicker so bad! It's going to be a nightmare! Should I have just told the client I couldn't do them? What would you have done?

Also the lashes on the outer corner of one eye is so much thinner than the other and has so many missing.

Does anyone have any tips they can give me?

Thank you loads!!

Kylie

I find that they stop after a while.
They start flickering and you're sat there thinking 'oh great'. They usually relax though and then they stop.
For gaps you could try 'y' lashes. I don't actually like the 'y' lashes as i tend to break them as i'm getting them off the strip.
I tend to just make my own. Just attach a lighter weight lash to their natural lash. Then you can add another lash to the side of it to fill in the gap.
I usually find that if their lashes are bashed on the outer corner, chances are that the extensions will get bashed too. It's usually how they sleep on the pillow.
You will need to explain to your client that they aren't going to last as long as the rest of the lashes.
If the gap is quite big then it's probably best to start a little further in and to make sure you start at the same point on the other eye.
Hope that makes sense!

I am the worlds worst for eye flickering! No one wanted to work on me at college!lol Anyway, in the end I paired up with this one particular girl and she found that if she rested her fingertips on my eyebrow I stopped flickering. Think it was due to the constant touch and so therefore I knew exactly where she was and what to expect if you know what I mean. There's nothing worse than anticipating where the therapist is going to be as it just makes me flicker. hth x

I too was a really bad flickerer ( have to watch you type that correctly he he ) I did relax after a while, but my eyes flickered involuntarily, and I couldnt stop it, for lashing I find that the light can cause flickering, if you use micro pore tape to secure a couple of cotton pads, this can kind of shade the eyes from the bright light, and also relax the client, and hopefully stop that flickering! hth x

I find this with make up too, aswell as lash extensions. I have found most can control it. I politely ask them to relax their eyes as much as possible for a better result and it works. Same with pencilling or powdering brows. The clients seem to all raise their brows when I go to apply. Again I ask them to relax their face for me xx xx

I have a client of 2 years, who's eyes flicker constantly during the treatment. She cannot help herself - i do not have bright light and I'm very gentle when working, she thinks is because of stress and nothing to do with the treatment as she does not feel uncomfortable. This is good practice for you - now I can easily do eyelashes when clients talk a lot or laugh, it does not bother me at all - I have managed to apply fantastic eyelashes even when clients move constantly, this is all thanks to this client who's eyes flicker :)

Latest posts

Back