Flirties glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meekz

Reaction score
Hi,

This is a rant and wondered if anyone else had any problems with gloopy flirties glue recently ?I'm really disapointed with the sellers of flirties glue:mad:I brought a new bottle of expert speed afew weeks ago, started using it straight away and noticed it wasnt anything like my expert speed and strengh I'm used to,it wasnt sticking straight away, and after using it for nealy three years and never really having any issues with it apart from a lid problem from time to time its one of the best out there..
I contacted the company who sell the product three or four times in one week , and on each occasion the receptionist reassures me that she has spoken to her boss, and she will contact me ASP, yeah right still waiting after 2 weeks!!!! I havent had a single call and fed up of waiting :!: not even to ask whether its correctly being stored or anymore of the obvious questions regarding the do's and don'ts . You would think after being a loyal customer for nealy three years and recommending it to lots of other technicians I deserve a call back!:mad::mad:
seems obvoius to me I'm not important enough so will take my custom esle where :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had exactly the same problem with my new glue being too thick and stringy and when I rang she told me in no uncertain terms that it was perfect when it left there and that It was something I have done! And that no one else has complained so it's the way I stored it! So I have one new bottle of useless glue :-( as well as you wonder how many others have had the same x

The p&p costs annoy me most. They could send it recorded as it would cover the price of the glue should it get lost!

I have had a few problems with flirties, mainly the glue getting build up in the nozzle, which you cant help so I get to half way through the bottle and literally the lid wont open or the nozzle it completely bunged up.

I wonder with the bad ones you receive they may be older stock?

Why don't you give lash revolution pro + a go, I moved from Flirties to this and am more than happy if not happier, beauty revolution are the suppliers x

Why don't you give lash revolution pro + a go, I moved from Flirties to this and am more than happy if not happier, beauty revolution are the suppliers x

Whats the price of this glue, including VAT and postage? I cant get through the password protected bit to see (which isnt the best idea for prospective customers)

I swapped to lash revolution pro after having probs with lids snapping off flirties glue. At first i was over the moon with it as its much thinner and faster to work with than flirties however i've noticed that my clients lashes are all off by week 3!! So i've had to swap back to flirties as the lashes last much longer.

I swapped to lash revolution pro after having probs with lids snapping off flirties glue. At first i was over the moon with it as its much thinner and faster to work with than flirties however i've noticed that my clients lashes are all off by week 3!! So i've had to swap back to flirties as the lashes last much longer.

I am pretty new to lash application..trained with Eyelash Emporium back in April. I have done several sets and as you can imagine all a bit hit and miss at beginning. However, I used eyelash emporium medium glue but would constantly dry up on my glass stone and become thick and gloopy..so end result would be quite clumpy and would use far too much glue per set of lashes. My application is faster now but I am still struggling to know what is the best glue for the job and how to have my glue in a treatment ie, on glass stone or ring cup etc. I see from threads that Flirties glue is v popular but would this be suitable for someone still fairly new to lash application.

Does anyone have any pics of their before and after lashes..always find these a good learning tool. I do struggle with different looks on the lashes ..this is something that was not covered on the course so if anyone has any advice on this I would be very grateful.

X

Hi pinkedee, sorry to hear of your problem with lash rev adhesive. It could be that since you are switching from a different adhesive with different drying time that the adhesive is just drying a bit too fast. If glue is too dry when applied the lashes won't last as long. Just a thought as we have never had any feedback saying that lashes aren't lasting well. If you would like to discuss this further then I'm happy to chat by pm/email/phone

Jen x

I found I had to adjust my technique slightly when I changed to lash rev. It is slightly faster setting and has a thinner consistency so I had to make sure I had a little bit more glue on the lash than before.

Once I started doing this, my speed really picked up and no stickies. I have absolutely no problem with it not lasting. x

I've had some lashes done with Lash revolution and my eyes were very stingy to start off with and I've never had a problem when they have used Flirties on me in fact when they did them I thought they were using the normal Flirties adhesive and turns out they had swapped to the expert adhesive. :biggrin:

As a lash wearer, I've found Lash Revolution lasts longer on me and I has no irritation at all

Myself and my sister in law both used Flirties adhesive. I had a problem with the snapping lids and she had the same problem with the glue being a strange consistency and very thick from the first time she used the bottle the day after it was delivered. They wouldnt swap it, basically said it was perfect and that she would have to send it back for testing and order a new bottle at her own cost. Upon testing the bottle was deemed to be fine.... although we could both see if definitely wasn't.

We have both switched to the lash rev pro+ on the reviews of some great lashers and have been really happy with it. Its fast drying, doesnt go thick and the only difference i have seen in the returns from my clients, is for the better.

I also think the password section on the website is a great thing... we often complain about non professionals getting hold of pro products through less concerned suppliers.

I myself am no longer going to use flirties unless they send me a new bottle free of charge:mad: which they won't :rolleyes: so I'm going to switch to lash revolution, which is just as good as I've used it once before.
I do believe that companies that don't look after their clients will in the long run loose out I myself will never recommend flirties again to other technicians .. Good luck to those who still use it :cry:

For me Flirties is fab I've tried the others and never found them as good. But that's me. I've also never had an issue with lids snapping and I use alot of adhesive.

Adhesives are very personal one person may find something different works for them. The best thing I can suggest is try them for yourself nobody lashes the same way everyone has their own little ways and the same goes for the adhesives.

One if my clients swims twice a day with a hectic diary and still returns with fab lashes every 3-4 weeks for her top ups.

Check your application are you adhering the lashes and bonding fully as with all good systems You need to use the items that compliment one another for Flirties it's primer adhesive and sealant.

Lots of good reviews on here regarding Flirties as there is for lash rev

Meeks! I feel Exactly the same as you! I also told the lady on the phone that her after care was appalling and that sweet squared after care was second to none she said thats good of them!! Then i said I wouldn't be using them again and she said ok! I am glad that I am not the only one who had gloopy glue it!

Meeks! I feel Exactly the same as you! I also told the lady on the phone that her after care was appalling and that sweet squared after care was second to none she said thats good of them!! Then i said I wouldn't be using them again and she said ok! I am glad that I am not the only one who had gloopy glue it!

I have used flirties glue since it came out and have never had a lid snap off or had gloopy glue.

I store my bottle upright at all times and always shake it up before use.

I get through a bottle every month so have used a lot of bottles and always use the last drop.

I never had a problem with flirties for nearly three years but the first time you do you'll find they have no customer support , this is where they are useless surely a successful business is run on referrals and recommendations !!

As I see it at the moment, the likes of me and niclynch are not ordering big quantities of glue so we are not important enough to bother with:sad: I'm going to take the loss and throw it in the bin and waste no more time moaning. Thanks for your time everyone x

Hi pinkedee, sorry to hear of your problem with lash rev adhesive. It could be that since you are switching from a different adhesive with different drying time that the adhesive is just drying a bit too fast. If glue is too dry when applied the lashes won't last as long. Just a thought as we have never had any feedback saying that lashes aren't lasting well. If you would like to discuss this further then I'm happy to chat by pm/email/phone

Jen x
Hi Jen, thanks for the advice. I will give lash rev another go and try using more adhesive on each lash. I loved how the glue performed on application, it was so fast and no stickies so i will definitely try again and be a bit more generous next time :) x

Ah this is so weird, I buy a bottle every 3 weeks or so from flirties and noticed a difference about 2 months back, the glue straight away felt a different texture. And I can't stand their bottles, I waste half the glue round the bottom of the lid, I have old bottles of clumped up glue over them. (I feel like I have lost quater of my glue everytime, and obvs this helps them, because I re buy sooner)

Best bottle was eyelash emporiums old ultra glue, it was black with a purple lid, completely different style of bottle, never leaked!! And never clogged!! But even they changed their bottles.

I want to try this other glue!!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Hi Jen, thanks for the advice. I will give lash rev another go and try using more adhesive on each lash. I loved how the glue performed on application, it was so fast and no stickies so i will definitely try again and be a bit more generous next time :) x

No problem, I hope it helps.
Let me know how you get on x

Latest posts

Back