Fluffy problems with Soft Landings wipes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine wernt great either the sample I had was fab but I thought it was because it was the larger ones and I cut them up, because of this I havnt re ordered, I may try them again x

Wellyb, this is just silly because I have used these wipes for months and never had a problem ... they are in fact marvellous and totally lint free. Clearly all you or anyone needs to do is to post them back to S2 and you will be sent a replacement pack of wipes that are not faulty.

Had people reported this problem in the first place, it might have saved MANY other people from being disappointed with faulty goods. Obviously the warehouse does not check every pack that goes out UNLESS they are alerted to a problem. We certainly do not want disappointed customers and there is definitely a fault here. We will be happy to rectify. If I were you I certainly would try them again and experience how good these wipes actually are.

Geeg it's not just the odd pack I have bought four in two lots of two on seperate occasions. My first pack was really fluffy but I just went with it my second was the same but with some quilted sheets interspersed in there. The quilted ones were fab but the rest fluffy. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and reordered two more packs but these are all not quilted and fluffy. I will call s2 on Monday but to be honest As not used them before just thought that this was normal

Geeg it's not just the odd pack I have bought four in two lots of two on seperate occasions. My first pack was really fluffy but I just went with it my second was the same but with some quilted sheets interspersed in there. The quilted ones were fab but the rest fluffy. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and reordered two more packs but these are all not quilted and fluffy. I will call s2 on Monday but to be honest As not used them before just thought that this was normal
It's not, it's really abnormal for the lint free wipes to have any lint/fuzzies at all.

I myself will also make enquiries on Monday and I have lready emailed this whole thread to Linda in customer care. :hug:

It's not, it's really abnormal for the lint free wipes to have any lint/fuzzies at all.

I myself will also make enquiries on Monday and I have lready emailed this whole thread to Linda in customer care. :hug:

Thanks Geeg, much appreciated

I like to use sponges they never fluffy :) and more efective

I have found this with lots of wipes, my shellac bottles ended up with bits in them which was so irritating. I ran out of wipes when I was on holiday and cut up kitchen roll to use on myself and it works brilliantly. No fluff or fibres! So I have continued to use that and it's made my work so much easier :)

Sarah x

Thats exactly the same as my packs, there were some different quilted type wipes in the middle of the pack that were lint free. I'm guilty of not getting round to chasing it with s2 :( when you're busy things slip to the back of your mind. I just went back to mundo wipes.

Thats exactly the same as my packs, there were some different quilted type wipes in the middle of the pack that were lint free. I'm guilty of not getting round to chasing it with s2 :( when you're busy things slip to the back of your mind. I just went back to mundo wipes.

Very true but Geeg us right if we just moan on here nothing will be done to resolve the issue. I loved the quilted type but as haven't used them before I'm not sure if that's how they are supposed to be?

I've been using them since sq have distributed them and they are brilliant and good value,although I've had a pack which was very fluffy!! But didn't stop me from ordering more (just thought it was an iffy pack!!) not actually checked new packs! I'm sure the problem will get sorted so don't let it put anyone off trying them cause normally they are fab.

Can I just ask are they normally quilted?

I have now tried every nail wipe there is. Got a trial pack of soft landings and they were fluffy so didn't order more. Have tried the ones Lynne put a link to and still have the entire roll left as they just disintegrate when used with scrubfresh. Tried Hands Down wipes (not the plastic backed ones, these are like kitchen towel squares) and also tried kitchen towel itself, both Plenty and Regina, no lint but so absorbent that the squares didn't stay wet enough and so I found I was having to use more scrubfresh etc than I usually would.

So I have gone back to Hands Down plastic backed pads which I love and will just have to put up with digging out fuzzies. I'm bored of nail wipe experiments now :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

How odd! I use mine with Scrubfresh every day and not one has disintegrated!

I've used those two Lynne they tend to disintegrate if they are too wet but they are deffinately my wipe of choice at present for no fluffy bits.

I've tried so many "lint free" pads, but not the soft landings ones yet.
This is what I've stuck with for the last couple of years, and not a fuzzy in sight!
Ellisons - Beauty Essentials polish remover pads (500)

I bought a load in bulk so when I've used them up I'll give the soft landings one a go.
With regard to the current issues, as tempting as it is to just share your concerns on here, the only way you'll get any kind of resolution is to contact the distributor. S2's customer service is excellent; they'll get it sorted in a flash!
I use these too and only have a problem with them disintergrating if they get too wet or i try and get more use out of them than i should when removing normal polish!

Maybe I've used them too wet then. Will give them another try ;)

I have now tried every nail wipe there is. Got a trial pack of soft landings and they were fluffy so didn't order more. Have tried the ones Lynne put a link to and still have the entire roll left as they just disintegrate when used with scrubfresh.

So I have gone back to Hands Down plastic backed pads which I love and will just have to put up with digging out fuzzies. I'm bored of nail wipe experiments now :lol:

I agree. I use both of these and yes, the Ellisons ones are completely lint free, but can fall apart a bit! (I use 2 together when rubbing with scrubfresh for my Shellac which works better). Like you though I have a preference for the Hands Down but then remove all fuzzies before I base coat. I like the fact my own nails are protected too with the plastic backing.:)

I use the same ones as Lynne, I have no problems with them unless too wet, then yes they can come apart. They sit in my dispenser which makes it nice and easy to use too.

I am so glad I found this thread! I was always a big fan of soft landings then they went out of stock for a while and as soon as they were back in I ordered 3 packs - however they have been a complete nightmare with fuzzies and so embarrassing trying to pull it out of the shellac on my clients nails that I have just gone back to the gauze wipes now :( but glad it is not just me!

Does anyone know whether its safe to re order soft landings towels yet or am I to carry on cutting up bleached wax strips??? ;-)

I bought the towels a few weeks ago and they are great. I buy the towels then cut them up. Get so many more wipes for a lot less :)
Vicki x

Latest posts

Back