Flying with shellac / pots of gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sher16

Reaction score
Hi all

Prob a very dumb Q, but can you fly Ok with shellac/gels without causing them any damage?

Going away for weekend and friend wants me to do her nails while I am visiting...

Subject to fitting some bottles, scrubfresh and dsperse in my liquid allowance of course!

Ex

You are such a good friend! There is no way I would do that. What about your lamp? Won't it take up valuable shoe space? :biggrin:

It will all have to go in the hold and not in hand luggage ...they are all flammable liquids. You are not even supposed to fly with more than half a dozen nail polishes (normal ones) unless they are in the hold.

So yes you can fly with them but not in hand luggage or carry on. They will not come to any harm in the hold of the aircraft.

It will all have to go in the hold and not in hand luggage ...they are all flammable liquids. You are not even supposed to fly with more than half a dozen nail polishes (normal ones) unless they are in the hold.

So yes you can fly with them but not in hand luggage or carry on. They will not come to any harm in the hold of the aircraft.

Ohhh no, not sure i trust them to be in the hold!

Even if i take a couple of colours and decanter some scrub fresh/dsperse into little travel bottles....and pack my lamp in my suitcase...

Yes ill have to give up valuable shoe space....sigh

Will have to give this some thought, already had 1 lamp drama this week cant face my other breaking in my case!

Thanks ladies....maybe i should just say no! Or take my l&p....would still need liquid and scrubfresh though! lol...

X

Holiday!!!! Leave your stuff at home, forget nails and drink some vino instead!! :wink2:

Holiday!!!! Leave your stuff at home, forget nails and drink some vino instead!! :wink2:

I know! Im just going south for 24hrs to see a couple (my partners friend & mrs) and i said id kindly do her nails for her wedding in 4months if shed like, she didnt know i was a nail tech and now asked my partner who arrived with them this eve (i fly tomorrow due to work today) if id take my stuff. I have only paid for hand luggage, kind of begrudge the upgrade price for hold JUST to take my shellac when my luggage doesnt need to go in hold otherwise.

A little part of me hoped i could pack 4 bottles of shellac, dsperse, scrubfresh in handbag and lamp in case but also just remembered my curette would probably be confiscated as could be classed as sharps!!!!!!

It was a bad idea to begin with. I blame my man for telling her tonight "oh yeah Em will have no prob doing your nails tomorrow, she loves doing nails" !!

Thanks ladies, sorry for asking a silly Q - wasnt sure andalso assumed hold would be a little too cold for shellac (no idea why i thought this but i did!!)

X

I would think Shellac will do better flying than jars of gel. The bottles can be tightened better than jars. Jars of gel can still leak no matter how tight you think you have them. If you have ziploc bags overseas I would definitely put my Shellac bottles in a ziploc bag. That will prevent any leaking out onto your clothes, etc.

I would think Shellac will do better flying than jars of gel. The bottles can be tightened better than jars. Jars of gel can still leak no matter how tight you think you have them. If you have ziploc bags overseas I would definitely put my Shellac bottles in a ziploc bag. That will prevent any leaking out onto your clothes, etc.

Thanks hun!

I have came without...didnt want to risk having my tools & scrubfresh/dsperse confiscated! Perhaps i should have though as i packed my tan in liquids an its a 200ml bottle - i didnt check and its a 100ml limit and no 1 has said anything so my scrub fresh highly flammables would probably have also made it ! Eeek!

Ta all for advice xx

Thanks hun!

I have came without...didnt want to risk having my tools & scrubfresh/dsperse confiscated! Perhaps i should have though as i packed my tan in liquids an its a 200ml bottle - i didnt check and its a 100ml limit and no 1 has said anything so my scrub fresh highly flammables would probably have also made it ! Eeek!

Ta all for advice xx
No it wouldn't. One of the thing you have to declare verbally is if you are carrying any flammable liquids !

No it wouldn't. One of the thing you have to declare verbally is if you are carrying any flammable liquids !

I know - that was my bad attempt at humour :( Id have been too petrified, not a good flyer at the best of times never mind knowingly carrying flammables ! As soon as you reminded me it was flammable last night I scrapped the whole idea ;)

X

I know - that was my bad attempt at humour :( Id have been too petrified, not a good flyer at the best of times never mind knowingly carrying flammables ! As soon as you reminded me it was flammable last night I scrapped the whole idea ;)

X

The fines if you are caught are astronomical and can include prison! Not worth it. I travel all over the world with Shellac and it does not come to any harm. How do you think it gets to the UK? :biggrin:

Just a quick add that if you had taken hold luggage you would have been better with your lamp in your hand luggage and the rest in hold.

Now go enjoy your holiday! x

Latest posts

Back