Foot heath HELP X

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoilt

Reaction score
FOOT HEALTH .....ok ok i know!!! training is training ... BUT i need to leave my current work, im so unhappy. i hate my boss . day time i work within learning disabilities, i have wanted to do podiatry for a while but having a young child it was impossible....
Anyway. ive applied to do a year access course, this ontop of my beauty and full time work:sad::sad::sad: then if and i say IF i get into Durham Uni its a 3 year course.... SO WHEN I SAW THIS www.foothealthschool.com./ i was kinda wary kinda excited hmmmmmmm whats every ones opinion,,, 11 days training v 4 yrs to good to be true !!! HELLLLPPP ME :(:Scared:

Last edited:
GOT any ideas on this one lol . confused,com :o elisa

The link doesn't work for meso I can't see it....but I alway go with the maxim...."If it sounds to good to be true....then it is too good to be true!"

rang round some chiropody places. they say foot health is not as good as podiatry etc... but that was to be expected. also told me i wouldnt be able to get a membership into somthing or other . so im gonna try get onto access course and if that fails then ith foot health :o thanx

Hi,
If you do the BSc course in podiatry (the one at uni) you will be able to work for the NHS. A foot health course does not allow you to work for the state as you are not deemed suitably qualified. The degree course does take it much further and there is more clinic/practical training than the foot health course. Sometimes if you train to do foot health you also have to do additional courses for scalpel work, diabetics etc so it can work out pretty expensive...x

Hi,
Do not put off doing a Podiatry course with children.
I started my full time podiatry degree with a 4 yr old and finished my course with another child!
Its not easy but is certainly do-able.
There are some unis who offer the degree part-time but I dont think you get a bursary. I know Salford offer the part-time option.
No-one other than a qualified podiatrist is allowed to use a scalpel on a patient as another poster said.

Any degree questions please ask

Latest posts

Back