For money or pleasure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachybaby

Reaction score
Just out of interest.....

Probably everybody on this site and in the whole world has uttered the words...'if I won the lottery..'

My fella asked me how much money would we have to win for me to give up nails.

A million? I said no.
Two or three? Maybe
Eight- I'd carry on but only do for the clients I love, and I'd do it for free, because I reckon that after the initial spending sprees I'd get bored and I guess that you would loose friends from jealousy, not being able to keep up with social spending etc

How much would it be for all you?

Hi hun, i doubt i would give it up at all, even if i was a billionaire!! (wishing!) ohhh just thinking about all the cnd goodies i could buy!!!

Hugs xx

i think i would still carry on but would be in a position where i could do every course going buy everything going maybe a salon have ppl working for me.God it would be great i would be like a dog with 2 ****s.

Same here wouldn't give up nails just open lot's of shops.

I cant imagine ever giving it up.
If I won the lotto, I think I'd spend a fortune on every single course in existence, get the absolute most possible schooling that I could
THEN
I'd open a couple of shops, set them up very posh and VERY different from nss/discount shops and hire only the most experienced techs.
I'd of course continue to work here and there..
AND THEN do what I love best... NAIL ART and ONLY nail art. No french's, not a french in site. :lol:
But maybe by then, after a gazillion hours of schooling, I might teach.:green:

I can't imagine giving it up. I really can't. I love it so much.
Who's to say.
Although.. might want to tour the world first OR while furthering my education, tour the world, meeting with all the top techs in the industry and learning from them, one-on-one. Hey, I'll be a millionaire. Why not private classes, aye?
:lol:

If I won the lottery I would use the money to get myself seen and educate the public on nss etc

If I won the Lottery, like millions, I'd defo give it up and travel, drive fast cars and go shopping every day! But when I got bored with all that, I'd open up a beautiful chain of very successful salons!

if i won id still do nails prob have a mega salon or summat lol

i would most certainly not give up doing nails at all for any money ,of course i wouldnt have time in the first few months will all that moving house and shopping id have to do
but id soon make the time ,..as most peeps know ,i dont do this for the money at the moment anyway ..due to my superduper cheepy prices ,lol :green:

i think it depends how much i won! i don't think i would actually work anymore. I might do friends and myself and i would definately have a salon chain. DEFINATLEY. i might set up a training school and maybe i'd make my own range of manicure and pedicure stuff! xx:green:

As I haven't been doing nails for a long time I would defiantly not give up but I would get as much training as I could then open a franchise of Salons all over the country and employ all my great geeky friends and pay them loads of dosh:lol:

to be honest doing nails is really just a hobby for me, hubby is in a very very well paid job, i just started nails as something to do and if i can make a little pocket money from it then thats great, if i did ever win the lotto i would have to give the nails up as i would be to busy running my doggy retirement home in the countryside:)

I could never give up nails. If I won lottery (I'd have to buy a ticket first LOL) I'd have a fab salon with everything you could want fab staff & lots & lots of education. I don't think I'd work full time though I'd leave plenty of time for shopping.

I'm merely training in both beauty and nails at the moment, but loving it. I have also arrived at the start of this career as I have been a SAHM for nearly 3 yrs and it's driving me nuts :grr: . I don't think that if I won the lottery I'd give up, in fact it would probably give me the ability to go further, quicker. I would probably use the money to open a fabulous day spa, or even a retreat (depending on the amount of cash). This career choice has already enabled me to feel a certain amount of self-worth that I've not had in a little while and I've made some good friends and been told I'm more than capable of producing good results :green: . Not at all bad for having only been on my beauty course 3 weeks.

Latest posts

Back