Ford ka

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelLynch

Reaction score
Does anyone have the old ford ka?

I've found a nice one and it's only cheap, which is all I can afford at the moment.
It will be my first car but what I was just wondering is, when you drive it do you find you have to press the break quite hard and steer quite hard?

Thanks x

I think that is all due to that particular car. If you know anyone who is a mechanic please get them to check it over before you buy it incase it's rubbish. Hth x

I was going to get one.....full of rust underneath its a very common thing, I looked at a few. Glad bro in law is a mechanic and told me x

I have a ford Ka on a 58 plate. It had its first MOT in October 2011. Its not hard to steer or to brake.
I love mine, its cheap to run, nippy & great in snow. hth

I don't have any problems with breaking or steering in my Ka. Only problem is.. nightmare to fit my bed in :mad:!

I think I should get someone to look at it that case, it does come with 3 years warranty tho so if anything goes wrong they will fix it

I'm just wondering if it's me? Because I haven't driven in 2 months since I past my test x

I had one for my first car... Rust is a problem on the older models but apart from that i thought it was great! Oh and super cheap too x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

i used to have a ka, a 52 plate (about 2007 i got it) had it for 2 years and loved it, no problems apart from the usual age related stuff needing replaced xxx

They seem really reliable, it's an 02 plate so is the older model, my dads going checking it tomorrow and test driving it x

My Sister has had gets for 7 years and nothing has gone wrong with it! I went and got the new one and had so many problems with it. Wish I had kept my old one now it never let me done and I had had it for 4 years with three drivers before me. They are a great car! X

Sorry, excuse the poor jumble of words. Typing on an iPhone and did not check it before I sent the reply. Hope it made sense! X

I have a 07 Ka and I love it and had no probs with it but as they get older they can get a rust problem also my sister had an older one 02 and she had to have a new steering rack.

It's always good to get the car checked out x

Totally different car though when I passed I got my granda's old corsa it was 11 years old and steering was stiffer than what I was used to with driving instructors car though soon didnt notice it and brake was very stiff had it all check and was fine good luck when your dad checks it 😃

Hopefully all is okay tomorrow then, I'll keep you posted x

Hi,
My ka is a 52 reg which I've had for 9 years. Cheap to run, great to park.
I do wish the boot was bigger tho, have to take kids car seats out quite a lot when they're not in it but that's my only problem.
From what I can remember I think I've only replaced the brake pads which is just wear and tear.
I've got no plans of changing my car in near future, I love it!:Love:
Good luck anyway.

X

I had a ford ka on 51 plate.
Maybe they need replacing or there may be a slight air lock in the system - take the brake fluid cover off and pump the brakes quite a few times and remember to replace the cover again. I did it on mine and they were much better.
They are basic cars but suit a purpose, slow to start but once they get going they go!

Only had it 2 months from passing my test but hated it - just bought an Audi TT instead and bloody love it!

Maybe they need replacing or there may be a slight air lock in the system - take the brake fluid cover off and pump the brakes quite a few times and remember to replace the cover again. I did it on mine and they were much better.
They are basic cars but suit a purpose, slow to start but once they get going they go!

Only had it 2 months from passing my test but hated it - just bought an Audi TT instead and bloody love it!

I'll try that :) lucky you with the Audi I love them, my brothers just bought an a3 :-( gutted

i traded mine for a bmw z4 lol!! then i had a baby, so now the z4 just sits in my drive looking at me longingly while i have to drive my OHs civic!!

My sister has one in a v plate. I driven it a number of times and never had problems with the steering or brakes. I would without doubt get someone to look over it before you part with any money

Just thought I'd give you an update. My dad went and test drove it and he wasn't happy with the breaks either.

I've decided to get the older corsa absolute bargain, my dad knocked him down to £700 and it's an 02 plate. I pick it up tomorrow carnt wait to get on the road at all it's been ages! Scared tho haha x

Latest posts

Back