Forever French rebalance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portnus

Reaction score
hi

Does anyone know how you do an L&P rebalance on a set of forever french enhancements?

I have a new client coming on Tuesday, she says she has had the set on for 3 weeks now and the forever french tip has grown out a lot, do you just go over it with white powder? or should i remove the set and do a proper pink & white L&P using clear tips??? :confused:

very unsure

xxx

Have a read of this! Totally valuable piece of info!

The Forever French Rebalance (
multipage.gif
1 2)

Teri x:hug:

Thanks for this but from what i read it just explains about L&P pink and white, so do i just treat the white tips as if they were white powder?

yes you would... treat it as if it were an L+P pink and white, buff the existing product, removing as much as is needed, then replace using your white and pink powders.

I'm struggling with this at the mo.

What do you guys do when you've shorted them and filed down the free edge to the correct thickness but it now has the pink from the start of the set.

Hope you get what I mean on this. You'll prob say I've done something wrong before this sesh and this shouldn't happen but I don't know what this might be either.

Ta xx

I'm not quite sure what you mean but if you mean you are now completely down to pink and no white you may be removing more old product than needed, whatever state they appear in once you have finished it is usually a matter or replacing the white of the tip positioning the smile where you think it should be, HTH's

I normally debulk most of the product, then reapply the entire overlay, I wish there would be an easier, quicker way..)

Think about it like this:

You want to remove 50% of the old product, you will need to replace with 50% of what you first used.
If you use as much product as you did at the first set (100%) added to the old product (50% as you have thinned it) you will have a nail that is in effect 150%, THICK!
You don't need to over thin the new product as your just making more work for yourself, you need to get rid of half though in order to reposition the apex and smile.
As a forever french rebalance doesn't require changing the colour you do not need to add a large bead of white to cover the tip - its already white. A much smaller bead will do lower down to cover where the free edge is visable / going to be visable with growth.

I hope that makes sence, please feel free to ask if it doesn't! x x x

I think Notsonewgeek means that as the nail grows, there will be a thin layer of pink (the existing product left after removing the 50%) gradually growing longer beneath the top layer of white, getting closer and closer to the free edge of the tip at each rebalance, as the 50% of white overlay is replaced each time.

Hope you can understand my silly diagram, looking at a cut through section along the length of the nail, as the nail grows from the left to the right, with the free edge at the right.

pppppppppwwwww then it will eventually be pppppppppwwwww
pppppppppwwwww then it will eventually be pppppppppppppppp
finger here

Is this what you mean hon?

yeah? God this is tricky. :hug: How would you handle it?

you have to make sure you remove enough old product- no shortcuts here.

I remove just about all of the product, I apply it thinly enough in the first place so that this isnt an armbuster.

ANd as for the pink underneath growing out, it's not a very big deal as long as you can't SEE it :)

gosh all this info is baffling me, my client is coming tomorrow so will see what state the enhancements are in.

thanks for all the feedback

xx

It can be baffling and I was where you are when I started. The rebalance is the scariest thing to do when you are unsure.
Just think of it like this. You file off most of your acrylic and you have a thin layer of acrylic left. Now look at it as a nail with a tip on it, like a fresh set you are about to start. The only difference is you use smaller beads of acrylic to not make it too thick as you already have acrylic on there.
Place your white bead just below where you would like your new smile line to be and pat it into place as you would normally, then add your pink acrylic as normal but again smaller beads.
Does that make sense.:green: :hug: :green:

yeah thanks,

you geeks make it so simple & easy to understand, just need to to put it into practice.

As us yorkshire lasses say - " i'll be reyt!"

cheers
xx

Latest posts

Back