Foundation Written Exam Dismay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jee-nails

Reaction score
Hi all, just need to blow off a little steam.

I sat my Creative Foundation exam on Saturday, which I had studied for all week, and although I was really nervous, I was quietly confident. After all I had put in all the hard work.

So in the afternoon we were given our questions and our tutor went into her office and left us to it, after all we were all adults or so I thought!

To my horror, two of the girls actually cheated! I was so annoyed, I wanted to shout that the rest of us weren't conferring, (there were only 5 in total), but the other girls were just writing away. So I just bit my tongue and carried on.

This is my second course and in total Ive paid a lot of money. I want to work hard and be the best that I can, and offer a good service to my clients. Thats why I took the advice from so many here and went for excellent training.

I hope I pass my exam, and when I get my cert, and have it framed on my wall, at least I can say that I total earned it.

Thanks for listening.

Hi Hon,

Do you know some people just don't grow up do they!?!

Oh well at least you can hold your hand on your heart & know that you gave it 110% all on your own. Its all very good them cheating now, but what happens when they get into the industry on their own & look like complete donkeys when they don't know what to do, cause they cheated in a test!

Well done i am sure you will have done fab, keep us informed.

Chin up chick x :D

jee-nails said:
Hi all, just need to blow off a little steam.

I sat my Creative Foundation exam on Saturday, which I had studied for all week, and although I was really nervous, I was quietly confident. After all I had put in all the hard work.

So in the afternoon we were given our questions and our tutor went into her office and left us to it, after all we were all adults or so I thought!

To my horror, two of the girls actually cheated! I was so annoyed, I wanted to shout that the rest of us weren't conferring, (there were only 5 in total), but the other girls were just writing away. So I just bit my tongue and carried on.

This is my second course and in total Ive paid a lot of money. I want to work hard and be the best that I can, and offer a good service to my clients. Thats why I took the advice from so many here and went for excellent training.

I hope I pass my exam, and when I get my cert, and have it framed on my wall, at least I can say that I total earned it.

Thanks for listening.

Hi hun,

Don't let people like that bother you, obviously they don't know what it takes to be a good nail technician especially since they can't even take their training seriously!! I give them two months tops!!

You carry on doing your very best, you make yourself proud and I'm positive you've passed!! :)

xxxx

If they had to cheat then they probably hadn't learnt their theory and will probably not do well - what goes around, comes around!

I was like you and learnt all my theory and it paid off - wish I'd done the same at school for my exams but it's funny how you don't mind learning something you're so interested in.

Well done to you for learning your stuff and being honest :hug:

Thanks everybody. I feel better already. And Sally your so right, what goes around, comes around..........

Cheating is a short cut with long delays.............. Ok they might just pass but at what price ????
Product knowledge, can they be completley confident when a client asks a question or if they need to troubleshoot the system lol, where is their technical knowledge, they are going to look so silly when they have to get their notes out half way through a client lmfao, because they have cheated in the first place.............
Cheating bites ya in the butt, when you least expect it lol........ so look out for sore butt cheeks form those girls in the future lol........
You did it the right way, you studied hard and that will stand you in good stead for your Masters in the future, they might think they are ok and hey it's only a bit off cheating and no one is going to get hurt, but just think will they find the next learning curve easier...nope they will still have to study for that one, so short cuts or cheating will only give them long deayas in the future.............

Good luck babe xxxx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
You did it the right way, you studied hard and that will stand you in good stead for your Masters in the future,

Thanks Ruth, I do plan to go further in the future and the hard work will stand to me.

As it happens I got a phone call today, I got 91% in the exam. Im over the moon. The only way to do it is the right way.

Now just to get over the practical!!

jee-nails said:
Thanks Ruth, I do plan to go further in the future and the hard work will stand to me.

As it happens I got a phone call today, I got 91% in the exam. Im over the moon. The only way to do it is the right way.

Now just to get over the practical!!

hi

well congratulations great result! :hug:

I am sure that your instructor thought that as you were all adults and not children there would be no cheating :rolleyes: I don't know some people never grow up.

You just imagine in a few weeks when i client asks them a question and they cant answer it as they cheated in their test so don't really know their theory! Were as if a client asks you something the answer will just 'pop' out as you know you stuff.

WELL DONE YOU!

Well done hun!

Sounds like you deserve it - good luck for the practical!

x x x

wohoooooooooooo babe 91% and its all down to your hard work.......... Don't it feel good xx
I am sure you will do just as well in the practical test........
Fingers crossed and well done again x

Latest posts

Back