Four Week Rebalance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracie130178

Reaction score
Hi Just a quick question. This may sound a bit daft but when would you soak off a set of french instead of doing a rebalance? I have a client who I am going to do tomorrow and she has had a set on for four weeks, I have rebalanced them for her before but the time it takes I wonder do other clients just do a new set? her nails do grow fast and she should come every two weeks, but i think she is just trying to save some pennies? :rolleyes:

Are there problems with them?

Hi there is a bit of lifting but was not loads, they main problem is her nail beds are tiny, so they are only help on by a quarter of the nail. I then have to re put in the white smile line etc, just takes so long. just wanted to know what other nail tec's would do. xx

I often find that 4 week+ rebalances are easier to do because the acrylic has grown out alot. I clip/nibble the free edge back using my large toe nail clippers, re-shape and debulk whats left in zone 3 with a hand file, if there is any lifting in zone 2 it just flakes off while debulking zone 3, the free edge.

If i need to remove any nails, i will do this with acetone/cotton balls wrapped in foil so i can still work on the rest of the nails. I don't charge them extra for this.

I always wait until i see the nails at the beginning of the appointment so i can properly access the nails and decide what should be done then. If theres too much work to be done then i advise a soak off and new set.

Very rarely this happens but i will soak off and do a new set for the naughty ones who care more about trying to save themselves a few quid rather than care for the health of their natural nail. lol

Hi Just a quick question. This may sound a bit daft but when would you soak off a set of french instead of doing a rebalance? I have a client who I am going to do tomorrow and she has had a set on for four weeks, I have rebalanced them for her before but the time it takes I wonder do other clients just do a new set? her nails do grow fast and she should come every two weeks, but i think she is just trying to save some pennies? :rolleyes:

I would wait until she comes in to decide the best way to give her an awesome set of nails. I would charge more than a regular fill price because of the extra product you will have to use because of how long she goes between fills. Maybe $5-10.

Learning to safely use an e-file will make all the difference to how quickly you do a French rebalance.

All of our L&P and Brisa gel clients have a permanent French service. We all use a KUPA e-file to do our de bulking ... Takes a mere few minutes and allot less hard graft plus it takes all the boringness out of the whole procedure for both ourselves and the clients.

Maybe you should add this new skill to your others?

Yes I have been thinking about doing the course, Im not sure if S2 have started it yet but will find out. Thanks for your replys. xx

Yes I have been thinking about doing the course, Im not sure if S2 have started it yet but will find out. Thanks for your replys. xx
Get yourself to Leigh near Manchester (and very convenient on the motorway)... Julia is so experienced with the KUPA it would be worth the short journey to have her teach you. The machine is so unobtrusive ... You can't even hear it running and the action is so soft .. Not at all aggressive as you might think of most drills ... Really it will make a huge difference to you and the 'dreaded' French rebalances, I promise ! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back