FREE Monday Mentor Days....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
We need your help. As many of you know (or may not:confused: ), for the past year we have been running monthly Monday Mentoring Days where we offer champagne, niblets and free education. The education offered depends on the time of year (Christmas Nail Bling at Christmas, Pedicure tricks for summer months etc)...

We thought that maybe you would like to decide what and who you would like to see and hear and experience your learning with. We figure maybe you have a wish list that you'd like to tell us about and if we know, we can try to make it happen so.......

1. What would you like to learn about - anything at all nail related?
2. Who would you like to learn with (could be ANY Creative Ambassador from anywhere)
3. What or who would you like to see more of...?
4. Are Mondays good days? (we always thought so because so many salons and teks don't open/work Mondays)
5. Does Champagne and niblets float your boat?? maybe you'd like to see Jelly Beans and Punch???

Wish Lists please and let's see if can make some come true! :!:

If they were on in my Area I would take time off as its worthwhile so any day for me.
I would Love to have them held in Oxford or Salisbury as I have just moved & these are my 2 nearest.
I would enjoy mentoring classes on:
* Custom Blending
* Retailing
* Expert Tips & Advice
* Sculplting

...to be honest anything really as I bet all classes would be brill!! lol

1.for me - this just has to be competition nails...and custom blending
2.with sam, ketan, marco,dianne
3. more classes, perhaps twice a month
4. mondays are good for me
5. niblets suit me (im a pig)

i know some of these have already been done (comp nails etc) but with more geeks (me included) wanting to enter comps, i think this would be a good one.also custom blending
i missed mondays "winning nails" and was gutted, would be brill if we could have another one or 4 hahahha. i think there is only so much you pick up at one session, so a few of these would be good.
i look forward to the other answers here too..............hope they the same as mine hehehhe

Mrs Geek said:
1. What would you like to learn about - anything at all nail related? GEL ~ SCULPTING ~ SPA MANI/PEDI, re balancing
2. Who would you like to learn with (could be ANY Creative Ambassador from anywhere) im sure everyones fab but personal fav's have to be MANDINI ...or MARCO...preferably anywhere within a 50 mile radius
3. What or who would you like to see more of...? anyone/anything inspiring.
4. Are Mondays good days? (we always thought so because so many salons and teks don't open/work Mondays) sundays would be EVEN BETTER:green:
5. Does Champagne and niblets float your boat?? maybe you'd like to see Jelly Beans and Punch??? Does Champagne and nibbles float my boat :Look_righ :green: YEAH BABY!!!!

amb xxx

Ooh goody.
Tipping
Zone 3
Brush angle
Mix ratio
How to get the correct size bead
Sculpting
Blending 'quickly'
How to pick up speed
The list is endless.

Now then, mmm, who to choose to do the demo's. That would have to be ANY ONE OF YOU IDOLS.

I am so jealous !!

Laura x

If i was creative trained any class would be a bonus! you can never have enough training, help, tips n tricks!

Any one know if NSI do mentor days?

Now im jealous :cry:

pips said:
If i was creative trained any class would be a bonus! you can never have enough training, help, tips n tricks!

Any one know if NSI do mentor days?

Now im jealous :cry:

You are welcome to come along:wink2: :lol:

If they are only going to be held in Leeds then I would like access to a Tardis to get me there LOL.

I would like help on all of the above plus brush troubleshooting - how to recognise your brush is terminal or only slightly ill. How long should a brush last etc. etc.

Mrs Geek said:
Sculpting
Fabulous Finishing Tips
Custom Blended Manicures
Brisa Gel - Application/Rebalance/Sculpting
Retailing

2. Who would you like to learn with (could be ANY Creative Ambassador from anywhere)

For me, if I could choose anyone - it has to be Gigi... but as I have not been fortunate enough to meet any of the other Idols then I would be very happy to have the chance on any of the training days.

More classes/weekends

4. Are Mondays good days? (we always thought so because so many salons and teks don't open/work Mondays)

I can make Mondays now, so they are fine. I would be able to make a weekend day too if any were going to be available.

5. Does Champagne and niblets float your boat?? maybe you'd like to see Jelly Beans and Punch???

The fresh orange was very welcome (I never drink and drive .. yawn!!) The nibbles were scrummy :)

Any free training is a marvellous thing.. bring it on :)

[Please!]

Mrs Geek said:
We need your help. As many of you know (or may not:confused: ), for the past year we have been running monthly Monday Mentoring Days where we offer champagne, niblets and free education. The education offered depends on the time of year (Christmas Nail Bling at Christmas, Pedicure tricks for summer months etc)...

We thought that maybe you would like to decide what and who you would like to see and hear and experience your learning with. We figure maybe you have a wish list that you'd like to tell us about and if we know, we can try to make it happen so.......

You can always count me in Sam - I came on monday and had the privilage of having my two nagger fingers done - they are brill and looking forward to the custom blending ........... etc :hug: Debbie xx

You are welcome to come along:wink2: :lol:

Wow thankyou, ide love to come along...i could do with mastering that darn smile line!
Look forward to the next mentor day :green:

Brisa Gel - Application/Rebalance/Sculpting
Retailing
Spa mani and pedi

Is it poss that they can be run at Maidenhead now and again - 15 mins from where I live!

1.sculpting ,custom blending,enhancing nail biters nails properly,zone 3 help,ooh and free edge sculpting with white powder,i just cant get it right
mix ratio's
2.i only really know of gigi yet,and i like her straight forward approach,no pussy footing around,just straight foward exellent advice,(but im sure all the others are like this too...i would feel very privilledged to get help of anybody!
3. not sure really
4.mondays would be cool for me
5. personally i dont like champers,so it would have to be a lovely cup of tea,or coffee with coffee mate instead of milk! and nibbles would be great,although im sure id be too excited to eat anything:lol:

im gutted because i will never be able to attend these,i abseloutly would love to.

i just thought what else might be a good idea......a video or dvd of these sessions for us geeks who cant make it to buy,proceeds could go to this site....dont know what you'll think of this idea,but i would buy one defo!

1. What would you like to learn about - anything at all nail related? Perfect polishing, french and otherwise how do you get that tiny little gap consistant, getting your length of nail consistant, smiles lines and massage techniques for pedi's
2. Who would you like to learn with (could be ANY Creative Ambassador from anywhere) Whoever is the best at that system or technique each of them have their own speciality
3. What or who would you like to see more of...? the experts in their own fields doing what they do best and what they enjoy and get Ruth on board with fabric.
4. Are Mondays good days? (we always thought so because so many salons and teks don't open/work Mondays) mondays are ok sundays are better but if they can give up their time i can give up mine
5. Does Champagne and niblets float your boat?? maybe you'd like to see Jelly Beans and Punch??? Tea with milk is fine cos i drive lol

Also mentoring at all the academys not just some of them and the opportunity to be actively involved, eg practise what they are preaching and being told what it is we are doing wrong and tips to straighten these problems out. Not just standing around a table watching but physically undertaking the task.

Mrs Geek said:

well my wish is that there was a creative branch here in jamaica, and that i could acess this mentor programme, there is just no proper trainers here at all.

Leeds is a tad too far for me, but what about "how to handle difficult clients". We've all got stories about how they have upset us, knocked our confidence etc. You only have to see the amount of posts on here on the subject. Not sure if others feel this would be helpful, but being able to handle customer complaints and / or awkward clients is such an important part of any customer facing job.

This post makes me realise just how lucky I am to live in Leeds and be only 10 mins drive from Hyperion Group HQ (that's 10 mins with all the traffic lights on green and not in rush hour!!!).

I would like to see any of the above that has already been mentioned plus L&P REBALANCE

Meeting any of the idols is cool and Mondays are good for me (but like others I too would make time if it was on another day).

Small glass of champers is ok but as I too drive I would be fine with just water. I always take a bottle with me anyway as it can get very hot in the one stop nail shop when there are a lot of people in there (especially in summer).

The sandwiches are always very nice - at the moment I come straight after college and so the sarnies are my dinner on that night.

The monday mentoring sessions are just one of the reasons that make me realise why I love Creative so much :hug:

:) :) :)

Sassy Hassy said:
Leeds is a tad too far for me, but what about "how to handle difficult clients". We've all got stories about how they have upset us, knocked our confidence etc. You only have to see the amount of posts on here on the subject. Not sure if others feel this would be helpful, but being able to handle customer complaints and / or awkward clients is such an important part of any customer facing job.

Sassy, this is a really good topic, and one that we all have to deal with from time to time.
I would also be interested in spa mani/pedi, brisa toes (for the summer!), smile lines.
Sundays would be better for me, but i would take time off work for free education, and am willing to travel too.

Hi all,am i right in assuming you do not have to be creative trained to attend these sessions,and if so toe nail enhancements would be fantastic,as for everything else a glass of cheap plonk and a bag o crisps would do me ..........omg i am such a classy bird lol x

Latest posts

Back