Freebie Gift Voucher change of treatment - What Do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautymamma

Reaction score
Hello my fellow geeks,

Can I pick your brains??? I gave a freebie gift voucher to the local cubs for their raffle to drum up business via a new potential client.
I marked the gift voucher as a Shellac Manicure treamtent. I have had the winner of the prize call me today and she wants to swap the Shellac mani for a facial. What do you guys think shall I swap it or shall I say no the prize was for a shellac mani only?? She doesnt want the mani as she said she has gel nails and is happy with them. I charge £25 for a shellac mani. Any thoughts??? xxx

How much do you charge for the facials ???

If it is more than £25 you could say i will honor the voucher towards the cost, but you will need to pay the difference..

OR

Your more than welcome to keep hold of this voucher for a future shellac manicure.. ??

OR turn the voucher into a Shellac Pedicure instead ??

I'd swap.

It's still the same as what you wanted - a potential new client and it's presumably no loss to you?

I'd have offered an amount on the voucher, rather than a treatment as I've had this happen to me before and ended up swapping :)

ahh didnt realise there was no voucher value on it .. :rolleyes:

I would swap too, if she has gel nails she cant really use the voucher and if you are looking at drumming up new business it makes you look good doing the exchange for her :)

I always swap if someone has a voucher for a treatment they don't really want. I'll swap it for a treatment of the same value or, they can add money to get a more expensive treatment. All good for customer relations and encourages them to come back.

i would swap for the facial :)

Put it another way, you were helping towards a 'charity do' I presume and were hoping that it would bring you some business, if you say no, it may actually have the opposite effect of the potential client bad mouthing you for something that really won't make any odds to you - I know i'd be put off going to a salon who wouldn't do the swap :)

Thanks guys. I think I need to re-word my gift vouchers and either they dont get used or I get queries and all sorts. I will swap and do a treatment for the same value sounds like the best bet!!!

Thanks for all your advice :hug:xxx

As long as there is not a lot of difference in the value of the treatments then I see no harm but all good with swapping the treatments. If there is a big difference then she could pay just the difference.

We live and learn with these things, sometimes it is better to say treatments to the value of ... rather than specific treatments. She could have had Shellac on her toes though couldn't she? :green:

Latest posts

Back