Freewebs and domain name transfer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SILVERSEQUIN

Reaction score
I bought my domain name via 123.reg a few months ago and then choose freewebs for my website.
Have nearly finished it only to discover i need to transfer my domain name....so for all you IT experts-can anyone tell me in laymans terms what i need to do?
I dont want a long http address on my business card, but i also dont want to have to set up another website! :cry:

any help appreciated thanks.

First of all, don't panic. I have a freewebs website and had to do the same. I can't remember exactly what you do, but you can get live chat assistance to guide you through this. It is easy from there. Just have your documents ready.

You might not even need to transfer the domain from 123-reg as you can update DNS settings from within the 123-reg control panel; all you would need to do is ask Freewebs for the IP address of the server that will be hosting your site, and update the "A" record on the DNS settings to point to that (assuming that Freewebs have configured their virtual hosting settings to work for that domain)... guess it all boils down to who is cheaper for registering the domain name at the end of the day...
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back