French finish with gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzieish

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've got a girl coming next weekend to get a French manicure done with gel polish. If I paint my pink and cure, then do my white, if I need to tidy the smile line a little how can i do this without messing up the pink?

Many thanks, I'm a student so still learning :)

I use a gel brush with cleaner (of product your using) and wipe across, the pink will be fine xx

Same, I also use a clean gel brush with cleaner or a very small amount of Isopropyl Alcohol to tidy and make a nice crisp smile line.

:)

Oh perfect that's nice and easy then! I'm hoping I won't need to tidy tooooooo much as I practice my smile lines as much as I can! Just never done it with gel before

Many many thanks :):)

Oh perfect that's nice and easy then! I'm hoping I won't need to tidy tooooooo much as I practice my smile lines as much as I can! Just never done it with gel before

Many many thanks :):)

Same, I've found I've been doing more French Gel Polish recently and find it's easier actually than standard polish and the result is so lovely.
Depending on the brand you're using, I've found sometimes I need to do 2 coats of the white to get that real nice opaque, crisp smile line.

All the best with it! :)

I do my white first so it's really easy to tidy up and then paint over with the pink. Also allows the client to decide if they want the more natural look (one coat of pink) or slightly pinker (two coats). Has a really soft finish to it. Xx

Latest posts

Back