French Shellac- how do you do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Base Coat
Negligee or Clearly Pink or Romantique or Beau (My personal fave) X1
Cream Puff or Studio White X1
Top Coat

I've always applied my white after my color coat.

I believe the base coat can be swiped off after curing. I was doing masquerade on a client once and got jogged so it went all over the cuticle, I decided to start that finger again so wiped over and the base coat came off too. It is only cured for 10 seconds after all. I always assumed the base coat wouldn't be fully cured until the end of the service or until it had gone under the lamp with the colour. I would do what CND say and put the colour under the white. I think it looks nicer too :)

What do you use to clean up the smile line? Dsperse?

What do you use to clean up the smile line? Dsperse?

I used to use a fine detailing nail art brush dipped in dsperse but then i was taught by Nataliya - cnd shellac embassador/educator to use a dotting tool to apply the white - goes on sooooooo perfect. You basically dot a blob in middle at free edge and work it along and up the sides, its so perfect compared to a brush/tidy up, sooo much quicker too!! ;-) will try find a video for you.

I also use beau (fave) or negligee and then do my smile over the pink with studio white mostly xx

I used to use a fine detailing nail art brush dipped in dsperse but then i was taught by Nataliya - cnd shellac embassador/educator to use a dotting tool to apply the white - goes on sooooooo perfect. You basically dot a blob in middle at free edge and work it along and up the sides, its so perfect compared to a brush/tidy up, sooo much quicker too!! ;-) will try find a video for you.

I also use beau (fave) or negligee and then do my smile over the pink with studio white mostly xx

This sounds interesting! I would love to see a vid.

I would love a video of this too

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I would love a video of this too

Mmmmm will have to try and do a video. Its quite easy though give it a bash. Use a small headed dotting tool x

Mmmmm will have to try and do a video. Its quite easy though give it a bash. Use a small headed dotting tool x

I tried it on a clients toes and it was great for getting into the nail close to the side wall. (she had deep sidewalls & prone to ingrowns) thanks for the tip!

Latest posts

Back