French Tip trick with Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can totally vouch for using them under L&P- it works GREAT!

BUT, I haven't tried them under ANY kind of gel- I was worried it was too smooth? ANy light you can shed on this Gigi?

As I always say in my presentations, you guys will write the rule book for Minx ... it is you guys who are writing the rule book for Minx.!! As you try things that work, we will all get to know what those things are. Hopefully you will all pass those tricks along in the Minx Lovers social Group forum.

I have a feeling that fifitrix has used Finishing gloss over Minx so we will have to ask her.

The social group forums are very underused and you should all get over there and post you nice photos etc and we will build up a data base of real life images there and a bank of minx knowledge.

I have used Minx under l&p, as shown in this picture;

http://www.salongeek.com/members/fi...periment-picture8855-minx-experiment-005.html

I haven't however tried just a gel top coat over Minx, but I know Debbie Dee has as we were just talking about it yesterday and she has great results with it. As far as I am aware she just tried it on fingers. :)

I think the concern is whether or not the Finishing gloss or sculpting gel would adhere to the surface of the Minx if it is not roughened (which of course you couldn't do).

Calling Debbie Dee :green:

Wow that's such a good idea Geeg! And all the pictures people have posted are definatley inspiring me to learn how to minx. I've a folder on my computer of things i copy and paste off salon geek that i know i will want to refer to and read again, this is going in my folder right now! Thank you.

Did a full set tonight after wearing one myself on my thumb...
I need a bit of practice with the speed of trimming lol, I am way to faffy..
I used the middle of performance form method, over existing filed down product (this was a rebalance) then overlayed with l&p and sealed with brisa top gloss.
I can't see there being any problems at all, but we will see x

Attachments

• 3740787876_6b566d698b_b.jpg
    3740787876_6b566d698b_b.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 86
Did my cousins toes today in Pink Cheetah so also did the french trick on fingers and overlayed in clear acrylic as we did them this morn and they didnt look like they were going to last. It was a bit fiddly as expected but I will suggest it to clients especially for holidays and it is a great little way to use up all the bits left over if you have the patience. Pictures in my album and in the Minx lovers group gallery.

Latest posts

Back