Friends are the worst clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be more than happy with that price some people can be so cheap! Why would anyone want to cut corners on such a special day. I agree grab a glass of wine and wait for the pics they will be interesting!!

From talking to her though and many other brides to be, I think she's getting married for all the wrong reasons, that's obviously why she's willing to cut corners, and look for cheap services. It's terrible. I've been engaged for nearly 2years and wouldn't dream of cutting corners and having low budget stuff just to get married quick that why we are waiting till we have the disposable income to spend on our Bigday x

I would agree with the fact that those prices are too cheap, maybe she thought you'd do it free for some reason? Stick to your guns and tell her those are your prices for hair up/dos. She'll probably want a trial too and most charge extra for that don't they?

I have just seen she is talking to a girl I 'trained' with on Facebook, when I say 'trained' she dropped out 3weeks in and never returned. She has quoted £5 per person! *hides face*
Shall in undercut her?! £4.50 maybe ? Hahaha oh dear.
I'm not a hair geek - I came here by way of 'what's new' but, may I just say... bwuahahahaahahaha! Who in their right mind would EVER entrust someone charging a FIVER with their hair on their wedding day! :lol::lol:

Even your prices are mega cheap! Stick to yor guns, girl and enjoy a little laugh to yourself when you see the forthcoming 'work'...

Omg?!? £60 to do all of them? That's a bargain of the century and she should be ripping your arm off to get you on her day. My wedding hair list starts at £60, brides prices start at £70 for hair down and curled, I would put a little bit up at the back or top to cover the veil comb or clip with that too but that's te lowest I would go, that's not including the mandatory trial at £20 per head where they pay 50% deposit for the actual day.
My price may seem high, but I do give them all a goodybag with a sample shampoo, conditioner, price list pre and after care advice tailored to them (tick box's) such as wash 24 hours before hand as not on te day or do not blowdry for 3/4 days, a small box of chocolates wrapped in white paper (printer paper, use a scalloping scissor to cut the edges nice so it looks less like printer paper, I use that because it folds nice do the finished look stays good) with a ribbon around them in their wedding colours ( I ask when they phone up, looks like I'm taking an interest and gives that personal touch) and a miniature bottle of wine.

My cousin is going to suprise her boyfriend soon by marrying him, he's been asking for years and she's said no, so we're organising it all, get him out for the day then make him change for a picnic on the field ad when he arrives she will be waiting to get married, her hair will be free because it all has be done on a tight budget so he dosent notice money is short, and she can hardly do it joint paid when he has no idea.

Best part is, she's really easy with her hair and quite wild, so I'm going to put it all to her crown in tight curls with some dropped, get blonde extensions, colour 2 inch strips in different colours ad have these mingled in to have a contrast to her black hair, or do them in her wedding colours so her hair matches, no veil, but I will be using some diamanté butterflies dotted here and there (if I can get a moving one that's pretty I might even use that) coxo

Omg?!? £60 to do all of them? That's a bargain of the century and she should be ripping your arm off to get you on her day. My wedding hair list starts at £60, brides prices start at £70 for hair down and curled, I would put a little bit up at the back or top to cover the veil comb or clip with that too but that's te lowest I would go, that's not including the mandatory trial at £20 per head where they pay 50% deposit for the actual day.
My price may seem high, but I do give them all a goodybag with a sample shampoo, conditioner, price list pre and after care advice tailored to them (tick box's) such as wash 24 hours before hand as not on te day or do not blowdry for 3/4 days, a small box of chocolates wrapped in white paper (printer paper, use a scalloping scissor to cut the edges nice so it looks less like printer paper, I use that because it folds nice do the finished look stays good) with a ribbon around them in their wedding colours ( I ask when they phone up, looks like I'm taking an interest and gives that personal touch) and a miniature bottle of wine.

My cousin is going to suprise her boyfriend soon by marrying him, he's been asking for years and she's said no, so we're organising it all, get him out for the day then make him change for a picnic on the field ad when he arrives she will be waiting to get married, her hair will be free because it all has be done on a tight budget so he dosent notice money is short, and she can hardly do it joint paid when he has no idea.

Best part is, she's really easy with her hair and quite wild, so I'm going to put it all to her crown in tight curls with some dropped, get blonde extensions, colour 2 inch strips in different colours ad have these mingled in to have a contrast to her black hair, or do them in her wedding colours so her hair matches, no veil, but I will be using some diamanté butterflies dotted here and there (if I can get a moving one that's pretty I might even use that) coxo

Wow! I like the sound of it, make sure you post Pictures!?

Our prices may seem cheap but we are a small salon in a very small area.

However this set price: Bride:£30
Adult bridesmaid/mother of the bride: £20
Under 16yrs: £15
Under 10yrs: £ 10

Is for small bookings. For example if the bride or a bridesmaid just wants to come and get their hair done, we don't offer any gifts with this, and our trials are £20 per head too.

We do have packages were our beauty therapist is involved too.

But seeing as there is only 3 of them and she said she didnt want a big fuss I thought I would charge her our basic prices, also her adult bride has a short crop cut and only wants Blowdry and straightening with volume and her little girl wanted a french plait? Pretty easy for £60 so I personally feel £60 is decent for such little hair styles Xx

Know what you mean by friends being stupid, a really old friend of my mums has asked me to do her hair, strip it, and re colour it to blonde and restyle, so knowing she's currently in employed i quoted her £40, which just covered product and v cheap labour, I had a text about 3 hours later saying its too expensive and she will go to a salon. I'm sure as sh** a salon will be £100+ so let's watch this space for her crawling back. Even the restyle and blowdry should be £35 at my price, so I think £40 is super cheap don't u? Xoxo

Know what you mean by friends being stupid, a really old friend of my mums has asked me to do her hair, strip it, and re colour it to blonde and restyle, so knowing she's currently in employed i quoted her £40, which just covered product and v cheap labour, I had a text about 3 hours later saying its too expensive and she will go to a salon. I'm sure as sh** a salon will be £100+ so let's watch this space for her crawling back. Even the restyle and blowdry should be £35 at my price, so I think £40 is super cheap don't u? Xoxo

Oh my gosh, £40 is dirt cheap, she's lucky, you could of easily doubled the charge just to make a little profit...
Well her loss.
She will soon regret that!
If she's un employed she should of snapped your hand straight off!
I've heard the 'it's too expensive' comment way too many times, I think most people try and make you feel bad so you lower it a little. Not realising this is your job and your income, the way you pay your bills!xx

I paid £175 for me and 3 bridesmaids hair up on my wedding day and I thought that was really cheap! Don't sell yourself short. It really bugs me that people think they can get a discount just because they're a 'friend' I always combine prices for treatments so if they get two or three things done I will take a few pounds off to be nice. I once had a woman wait with her hand out, for £2 change, after I had already knocked £5 off the price AND she told me that to have the same treatments done in a salon it would have cost her £40 more! Yet she still stood while I went and raked my sons piggy bank for her 2quid!! That's the last time I do a package price, ever!! Wonder if Tesco will give me money off my shopping if I tell them I'm skint and buy 3 different products…… ;)

Latest posts

Back