From dark brown to blonde in one day!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chic_beauty

Reaction score
Is it possible to go from dark brown to blonde in one day?

I'm not a hair professional but I used to do a bit of modelling. I was sent to a verrrrr posh salon in that London and there was another girl there for the same shoot. She went from mouse to Harlow in an afternoon!

It depends on a few factors such as.. is your hair natural dark brown or have you dyed it that colour. Do you want to have hi lites or a full head (a full head of blone from dark brown will probably not suit your skin tone if you are naturaly dark) The best advice I would give you is go to a reputable salon, see a seniour colouris/stylist. They could take a hair sample to see how it lifts do a thorough consultation and go from there!! Never ever lighten your hair at home lightening the hair is totaly different from putting on a dye and should only ever be done by a professional hope this helps.xxxx

To get my hair from dark brown to blonde the shade and amount of blonde I like has taken more than 1 visit. I did previously have a red colour on my hair that had grown out a few inches and also my natural base gives off warmth so it did take a while. I have weaved highlights using Magma and on the very top I have fine slices back to back of Magma and a highlift colour which just gives a slight contrast to the blonde.
Again though do approach a salon and have a consultation, they will be best to advise you, but do not try to re create at home any type of colour on yourself it could end in disaster especially if trying to lighten.

It has taken me 3 visits to the hairdresser to get my hair blonde.
and although my pic looks like i have had a full head bleach..
ive actually had half head highlights but lots of them..
i still have a tiny bit of natural dark brown in which isnt noticable on the avatar because im sat in sun if that makes sense and im hoping next time i get my highlights i wont have any..

i think if i just went dark brown to blonde in one go it would be a shock and look quite silly because i was so dart but ive gradually gone lighter.. the first time i had lighter highlights then the 2nd time i had even lighter highlights and most recently ive had even lighter ones then being on holiday with the sun has made my highlights even lighter!! but i still have different tones of blonde and i went to toni and guy, was really scared of going ginger/red but they havent...worth the money, id say go to a top salon. xx

Im sure you could if you go to a proffesional salon,IF your ready for the dramatic change ,if not just gradually do it.

I went from brown to blonde last year in one day ,it wasnt too much of a shock as Ive had it done several years ago,Ive got really dark brown hair and the hairdressers have had no probs getting it to go blonde,but just remember it will need some tlc once its bleached as youll probly find it goes dry.

Ive also found recently some of the blonde is slightly different colours, so last time I visited the hairdressers I had some more brown put in,I was actualy thinking of growing the blonde out,...but now Im like ooww I want me blonde,blonde back!:|:|

It CAN be done - but it might take a couple of colour processes over the course of the day and not sure how many hairdressers would be willing to do that.

my daughter is having her hair done from brown to blonde and the salon says it will take about 6 hrs

Helloo.
does anyone have any good reccomendations of blonde hair kits that i can do my roots with myself?
im not a hairdresser..just really desperate for my roots to be vanished!
i dont want to ruin my hair..and i probably wont evn have the guts to do it myself but just wondered what you girls thought would be the best option?!

xxxxx

here's the deal, i had blonde hair and died it dark but didn't like it. i went to one salon, and they said they would get me back blonde in one day, and they did. but all teh other salons said it wasn't possible. I think it was just a money earning thing for them. ie. the more they got me in the more i paid.
Anyways, that was last year, now i'm brunette and loving the low maintenance... but sometimes miss my blonde hair...

thanks everyone :)

Helloo.
does anyone have any good reccomendations of blonde hair kits that i can do my roots with myself?
im not a hairdresser..just really desperate for my roots to be vanished!
i dont want to ruin my hair..and i probably wont evn have the guts to do it myself but just wondered what you girls thought would be the best option?!

xxxxx

3 words for you..... NO, NO, NO!! (in a nice way)
Please dont try and do anything at home yourself your hair is gorgeous and you may ruin it. Go to a salon and have only your roots done it should be less money for just your roots.

i wont do it myself ive had many bad experiences that i dont want to go through all over again!
I would have my roots done but i want more and lighter highlights next time i go to the hairdressers. To have no brown left in my own hair..do i need to get a rub in colour blonde? or can i have a colour inbetween my foils?

One question..i go to toni and guy and i love the colour my colourist does on me, if i went to another salon would they be able to do the same colour?
im abit poor this month as im going on holiday again and need to spend as little as poss on my self my luxuries! hehe.

yup, they would do a colour match and it would be nearly exactly the same, assuming they are a good colourist hahaxx

Latest posts

Back