Frustrated!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It actually disgusts me how bitchy some peoples responses are on this forum. Gee how professional are you acting now!

Hey Jen, i hope you are feeling a bit better after your vent.

God knows that i've had client's that have rattled me in the past and i did even fire one of them. I think it's all about experience and learning how to deal with people that aren't always easy to handle.

After reading the other posts on this thread, i'm sure you have realised how the best way to handle the situation was and will learn from it, so that next time you'll be better prepared.

If you have the contact details of this client, and were so inclined, you could send them a little note apologising for your abruptness and inviting them to come for a Shellac treatment next week with a complimentary mini solar oil or something. I know it would mean swallowing your pride, but you might just find that she becomes a very loyal customer that raves about you.

Good luck x

(I would like to add that occassionally something can be read more harshly than it is meant. Both posters and readers should remember that :hug:)

or
alternatively, you could use the replies as an opportunity for practise, as opposed to 'im ignoring this thread now' otherwise this may well be what you would do should you come across another one of these clients, i cant always think of the right thing to say when im challenged either and you'll get more that one, but the more techniques you hear, the more prepared you'll be (and me, heeheehee !)

In the years I have traded I have felt like biting a couple of heads off on a tiny number of occasions and it has normally been a knee jerk reaction that luckily only existed in my brain.

The bottom line though, in my opinion, is keeping your clients sweet even if it means biting your tongue initially. I have three or four clients that threw a wobbly 1-4 years ago and when I look back now it is just water under the bridge. They still come to see me every 3 or so weeks and we interact really well. Each one was just an odd scenario that isn't worth talking about now. Not only have they been great customers since; they have also recommended their friends and family bringing my business further custom as a result.

However, I did have one client that I could just not cope with due to her nasty tendencies. I gave her at least three chances but she would still not act like a normal human being. Each time she tried to book thereafter I merely informed her that we were fully booked on the days/times she requested. I carried on this strategy until she very soon gave up.

Last edited:
Unfortunately those who said it was unprofessional of me to turn her away, yes your right but considering the state her nails where in in the beginning there would have been no way to even put normal nail polish on. she had no nail! when i went through everything with her and suggested some things to help, she laughed in my face literally! this time she was just being down right rude, listening and counting to 60 is something im used to doing with clients like this but she was walking around and poking my lamp meaning picking it up and poking the lights to see if they were "real" so it was hard.

anyway, i called her up this morning as i wanted to apologize to her for getting upset, turns out she felt terrible for accusing me of everything but didn't want to call back because she was afraid i would not answer(i would have). we spoke for a bit and i invited her back to the salon later on in the day. she came and we spoke about everything in person and i have her booked tomorrow.

I do thank you all for you constructive criticism :)

Unfortunately those who said it was unprofessional of me to turn her away, yes your right but considering the state her nails where in in the beginning there would have been no way to even put normal nail polish on. she had no nail! when i went through everything with her and suggested some things to help, she laughed in my face literally! this time she was just being down right rude, listening and counting to 60 is something im used to doing with clients like this but she was walking around and poking my lamp meaning picking it up and poking the lights to see if they were "real" so it was hard.

anyway, i called her up this morning as i wanted to apologize to her for getting upset, turns out she felt terrible for accusing me of everything but didn't want to call back because she was afraid i would not answer(i would have). we spoke for a bit and i invited her back to the salon later on in the day. she came and we spoke about everything in person and i have her booked tomorrow.

Congrats on being able to turn the situation around. :)

oh i am sorry it took so long to answer, i was definitely not ignoring anyone here :) i actually value the opinions and views everyone on here has

Thank you! i very terrible after i calmed down as she did come back to me after all. i am taking this as a learning experience and will definitely keep my cool from now on if i encounter a client like her again

Congrats on being able to turn the situation around. :)

Thank you! i very terrible after i calmed down as she did come back to me after all. i am taking this as a learning experience and will definitely keep my cool from now on if i encounter a client like her again

So glad that you turned this whole situation around, it must have been so difficult to pick up that phone, but well worth it.

Hey that fantastic, good for you!! Xxx

Im glad you asked her to leave I dont suffer fools gladly either, she sounds tuned to the moon. And her friends probably know this to, so dont give her a second thought learn from it and jog on you know your professional :)

If you read the entire thread you will see the OP has replied and has turned the situation around and there has been a good end to this situation.

Well done! It isn't always easy being the bigger person x

Thank you all so much! I prob would have never thought about picking up the phone if it wasn't for you ladies! She came in today, what a lovely lady. She loved her shellac and we have rebooked every 14days until June ( when my book ends :p )

Yay well done you :)

That's a fab out come...proud of you xx

I'm really pleased you managed to turn this situation round. It's not easy!!!
Good advice geeks!

That was big of you! I don't know if I could have done that. It's all part of a learning curve and you grow from it. She treated you so badly but you ultimately WON!!!!

Hurray!!!!

Latest posts

Back