Fully qualified or still in training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some great replies geeks. Fantastic to see how passionate and dedicated some of you are. :) x

Qualified in 95, level 3 in 96. Fell out of love with hairdressing (due to where i was working at the time)and a career change in 07. Re- found my love at the end of 2012 and seriously considering taking the plunge n giving up my current job to start my own business. Which is why I've been lurking on this site for months. X

Fully qualified, hairdressing for 11 years but going back to do my NVQ3 in September - wish I'd have done it straight after my NVQ2 then it wouldn't b costing me £1300 but there u go!! Can't wait to start training again :-D x

Having done a city and guilds qualification in various hairdressing courses i then went on to do a VRQ level in barbering but after a while i didn't feel i learned anything so i decided to leave half way through the course, i was then lucky enough to be given a chance to do work experience in a barber shop recently which has been alot better for me.

Qualified 14years ago! But gave up full time about 8 years ago! Still kept my hand in whilst having a career in sales. Found my passion after fixing a couple of bodged cuts and went self employed last year. Currently working part time at a super market but finally built up a big enough clientele and will be handing my notice in, in two weeks!!

Qualified 14years ago! But gave up full time about 8 years ago! Still kept my hand in whilst having a career in sales. Found my passion after fixing a couple of bodged cuts and went self employed last year. Currently working part time at a super market but finally built up a big enough clientele and will be handing my notice in, in two weeks!!

Well done. Best thing I ever done left my job. Last year and since then I'm getting more And more clients ;) xx

Fully qualified :) level 1/2/3 qualified hair extensionist and just finishing my Wella MCP

Qualified last year in the USA, and have a North Carolina Cosmetology licence, which is equivalent to NVQ L3 in the UK. I'm currently doing a L2 Barbering Certificate.

First Saturday job at 13 which was...... Nearly 25 years ago (god that make me feel old!) qualified in 1992 or 3. I love my job. Xx

VRQ level 2, been working mobile for over a year after leaving the salon i was junioring at. I know people will probably look down on this thinking i dont have enough experience but things have been going great. I have a happy, returning client base and it gives me money on top of my student loan (doing BA photography) to not have to ask my parents for anything. Doing some colour training with affinage next month and will keep on doing little courses like that until i finish my degree, then depending on my job options I might go back and do my level 3 and try to find a place as a junior stylist. Definitely want to keep hairdressing though, even if I end up doing photography as a full time job.

im a level 2 trainee, hoping to be qualified by May. i volunteer 5 days a week in a salon where i also offer hair extensions and beauty treatments to earn a bit of money (im a level 2 beautician and a qualified extensionist as well). I love learning from the other stylists in the salon and i can't wait till they let me loose on real clients :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Iv got level 2 gonna do my level 3 soon , been in hairdressing 3 years this July and will have been qualified a year this July aswell

finished my NVQ level 2 in march, hope to do level 3 from September:lol:also I'm going to do the hair extension course on 23 of april, qualified and still in training:wink2:absolutely love it.I dream my dreams:)

Hi our educators are all level 3 or above with teaching qualifications and A1 V1 Award also, some with Wella/loreal education too, We also have a stylist team for events who range from level 3 to fantastic apprentices, and we work with a fantastic NVQ Academy who are all very talented, we are lucky to know many great stylists and its great to see so many passionate people on here! X

im a level 2 trainee, hoping to be qualified by May. i volunteer 5 days a week in a salon where i also offer hair extensions and beauty treatments to earn a bit of money (im a level 2 beautician and a qualified extensionist as well). I love learning from the other stylists in the salon and i can't wait till they let me loose on real clients :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Love your dedication to the industry, You will go far! X

Fully qualified! Been in the business 15 years, on the shop floor nearly 13 years
Goldwell Diploma in advance colouring, foiling and techniques
Fully Qualified in Racoon International hair extensions with 7 years experience.
Going to be training in Gelish nails in June (super excited)
You can totally see why Hairdressers are the happiest in their jobs.
I love my job, I love how everyday is different, new challenges and the fun we all have at work together!

Long since fully qualified, but always learning! :D

Passed my final level 2 assesment yesterday!! Just have to do the final exam and im all done :) I really want to learn afro hair and weaving, does anyone on here do both afro and european?

Passed my final level 2 assesment yesterday!! Just have to do the final exam and im all done :) I really want to learn afro hair and weaving, does anyone on here do both afro and european?
well done lovie!xxx

I'm NVQ level 2 qualified but unfortunately haven't done hairdressing since last year! Always nosing around on here though because I love to learn :)

Level 2 (1995)Level3(2009 I think), A1 assessors, Cert Ed in Teaching - but it's WAY more fun as a stylist than a teacher, so I quit!
Can't ever decide whether I like salon or session styling more, so I do both! Never stop learning, have 4 courses booked this year already! yay!

Latest posts

Back