Fuming with sienna x so-called rapid tan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munchkinmoo

Reaction score
Oh my,

I apologize in advance for my rant! I purchased a 250ml bottle of the new sienna x rapid tan in December. I had my other half spray me today, as he has done before and left it on for 2 and half hours as I'm v pale. So just had a quick shower.......and it all came off!!! It said leave on for 2-4 hours 2 if your pale and 4 if your darker.

I prepped as i have always done as normal, and can't seem to think what happened! SOO angry as i have a party on Saturday and no money to pay someone else to do it or the time!

Anyone had any problems with it?:irked:

Oh dear you have me worried now! I bought a 1litre bottle and got my first client tomorrow! :cry:

Arrr bless you! Well i nearly let a client have it, but i always like to trial them beforehand due to things like this!

So gutted as i hoped it would be amazing, but will go back to organics it think! :(

hiya remember with most rapid tans it still developes over 8 hours i use organics illusion rapid so i shower after 1 1/2 hour no soap no shower gel and it lloks really really light but it gets darker hopefully if you havent gave it the full 8 hours it will get darker or maybe its just not for your skin i used aviva rapid and god nothing happened on me or anybody else xx

From what I know of Rapid Tans I believe that its only the time that you leave it on for before washing the colour guide off is reduced not the actual developing time.

So you can leave it on for a few hours, wash the guide colour off and not look tanned as such but it continues to develop like a normal tan does.

I think that the advantages of this sort of tan are for customers that either can't or don't want to leave the guide colour on for up to 8 hours!

hth

Lets hope it does develop over the eight hours, i was going to order some today but thought i'll do it tomorrow so glad i did now, please let us know if it got any better!!!

Thanks for the reply's girls! Very misleading then as they said to me on the phone you can have it done, shower and go out!?

I hope it does develop otherwise i'm going to be pasty pale on my night out on Saturday! :-( will let you know :hug:

rachael thats exactly how it works my boyfriend loves it because the bed no longer stinks of tan lol xx

i have used it on myself and clients and they love it. did you give the bottle a shake and etc. maybe its a faulty sample. x

I'm curious about this too. I'm so glad our geeks reminded me about the tan contiueing to develope after the guide colour has been washed of.
I do have a question though, I have a couple of clients that have to sleep with socks on their hands after I tan them or they end up with the tan all over the palms of their hands, so if the guide is washed of, but the tan contiues to develope, what happens if the client is the type who's always touching their face etc, will it still transfer to the hands?
Hope our thread starter is lovely and golden in the morning:hug:

I'm curious about this too. I'm so glad our geeks reminded me about the tan contiueing to develope after the guide colour has been washed of.
I do have a question though, I have a couple of clients that have to sleep with socks on their hands after I tan them or they end up with the tan all over the palms of their hands, so if the guide is washed of, but the tan contiues to develope, what happens if the client is the type who's always touching their face etc, will it still transfer to the hands?
Hope our thread starter is lovely and golden in the morning:hug:

Hiya, once the guide colour has been washed off, the tan will not transfer with touching. So no worries about touching face in your sleep xx

Munchkinmoo do you have an update for us?

I have had the new Sienna X 'Tonight's the Night' tan 3 times now and each time it was fantastic, we started using it in my salon the week before Christmas and everyone loves it, no complaints of any kind so far, only raves about being able to wash off so soon. We have also sold coming up on 70 bottles to the trade from The Fingertips Centre and haven't had any negative feedback.

Looking forward to an update from Munchkinmoo....

I am confused! I thought with the rapid tans that you left them on for the desired time for your skin and the colour you want eg. only an hour for a light tan up to 4 hours for darkest. If it continues to develop even when you wash it off - what difference does it make to how quickly you wash off the guide colour

its hard to explain lol il try my best with normal tans it takes a minimum of 8 hours for the dha to fully react to the skin where as the rapid tans have a rapid dha so as soon as its on its working so you can leave it on for say 2 hours and have a medium tan where as with a normal tan if you take it off after 2 hours it will just wash off because the dha hasnt had time to develope does that make sense lol

it can be misleading to say shower then go but it will gradually get darker its more so you dont have to wait the full 8 hours

sorry im not good at actually explaing it xx

I am confused! I thought with the rapid tans that you left them on for the desired time for your skin and the colour you want eg. only an hour for a light tan up to 4 hours for darkest. If it continues to develop even when you wash it off - what difference does it make to how quickly you wash off the guide colour

I can see your point!

For me, its the pure convienience of being able to wash the guide colour off after a couple of hours and not have to sleep in it which my boyfriend hates. It also makes my life easier if i have an exercise class to go to in the evening etc then i haven't got the colour guide sitting on my skin making me feel sticky or worry that my sweating is affecting the tan.

The little things really lol

xx

Last edited:
I have a sample bottle but I havent tried it yet, the problem i have had was ordering 8% from my usual tanning company who sell sienna (its not an internet based one)

its really dark and im sure its not 8% as any body else experienced this its really dark

x

So how dark is dark?
I live in Northampton and some of my girls like to go DARK:eek:
So a rapid tan that would give a 12 or even a 16% look would be fab for them. At the momment I'm considering doing them a second tan 10 hours later at half price, so £30 for both tans.
Also how well does the rapid tan fade of? atm the solutions I use give a nice even fade, no patchyness and that's just as important as the shade.

Munchkinmoo do you have an update for us?

I have had the new Sienna X 'Tonight's the Night' tan 3 times now and each time it was fantastic, we started using it in my salon the week before Christmas and everyone loves it, no complaints of any kind so far, only raves about being able to wash off so soon. We have also sold coming up on 70 bottles to the trade from The Fingertips Centre and haven't had any negative feedback.

Looking forward to an update from Munchkinmoo....

I was one of the 70! Not had a chance to use it yet as my client for it tomorrow has cancelled, so going to get a few of my friends in to try it! x

hiya i would say rapid tan left for 4 hours is like 12% so if my client wants darker i have the booster drops xx

Hi,

I have also had problems with the rapid tan washing off, even when it was left on for 4 hours.
Gone back to the normal solution and no problems at all
I won't be using it again (at least not Sienna X might try another brand though).

Latest posts

Back