Fungus from pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devonnaydf

Reaction score
So today, a friend of mine wanted me to look at her toe that was hurting her. Of course, upon inspecting it, I realize she has onycholysis and a green fungus. I asked her if she has had a pedicure recently. She stated she had 10 days ago. I told her she really needed to see her Dr since she was having pain and her nail wasn't like that prior to her pedicure. She then proceeded to tell me that the manicurist was "sharing" tools with her coworker while she was doing a pedi. I literally freaked out! I told her she needs to report this salon to the board asap. I said if you have fungus, then so do others. Well, she did go to the Dr right away who aspirated pus from under nail and gave her antibiotics. Her Dr is going to do a culture of the pus and get back with her in a few days. Upon pressing more info from her, I found out that the salon she went to was a NSS salon who has been closed before due to health reasons. Does anyone know what can be done to prevent this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

So today, a friend of mine wanted me to look at her toe that was hurting her. Of course, upon inspecting it, I realize she has onycholysis and a green fungus. I asked her if she has had a pedicure recently. She stated she had 10 days ago. I told her she really needed to see her Dr since she was having pain and her nail wasn't like that prior to her pedicure. She then proceeded to tell me that the manicurist was "sharing" tools with her coworker while she was doing a pedi. I literally freaked out! I told her she needs to report this salon to the board asap. I said if you have fungus, then so do others. Well, she did go to the Dr right away who aspirated pus from under nail and gave her antibiotics. Her Dr is going to do a culture of the pus and get back with her in a few days. Upon pressing more info from her, I found out that the salon she went to was a NSS salon who has been closed before due to health reasons. Does anyone know what can be done to prevent this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

What you can do is what you have done and then the client needs to report or sue the salon ... this is what most clients can't be bothered to do. The infection clears up and they forget about it unless their are complications. They need to document everything with pictures and pay for legal advice etc. (which put some people off doing anything.) Maybe with your support she might take it further.

Latest posts

Back