Fusion Bond Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
im just about to add fusion bond extensions to my salon.

how much do you charge?
as ive done a few searches and ive seen some mobile therapist doing it for like £160 which is fine... but am i right in thinking that i would need about 120-150 strands to do a full head ?
or so ive been told by hair supplier and hair is quite costly over £100 and takes a while to do obvioiusly.

either im being overcharged for hair or they are doing it really cheap and i couldnt do it that price:confused:

also do you think its a popular method?

Hi, a lot of extensionists find it better to just have installation prices ,
and let the client choose what hair they want , but if they buy cheaper hair then tell them it carries no guarantee ,
as for installment charges you would have to see what other salons charge just for fitting within your area , your salon fitting prices may be higher than a mobile extensionist as you have more overheads hth x minky

Ps thinking about you and your soon to be born lovely Babe :hug: x Good luck x x x x

yep i think il have to do two different types of hair and let them choose which one..

and like you said just have an application price...i know roughly the application price they charge just wonder how they manage to charge that and the cost of hair when its say remy or balmain which i know aint cheap...e

some of them charge £120 an without hair is £80 i dont get it..:rolleyes:

anyway il try that and see how it goes..

p.s thanks.... il definetely post when ive had it.. if it ever happens :)

I was taught to double the stock price then add on your hourly rate.

E.g. hair @ £50 doubled = £100

Hour rate @ £30 = 2hrs = £60

£100 + £60= £160

I don't know if this is any help but it works for us!

hi donna which type do u use?

thnks that helps alot actually...

is it 150 strands approx for a full head...

I think it depends on each client that comes through the door so I always purchase two packets of hair from my supplier, I pretip the hair myself and I have some left over for maintenance and topups. However I have found recently that the 22 inch italian weave I order the weft is not as wide as it used to be and I am using more of this now.

I use more than 150 bonds for a full head but I think it depends on each client that comes through the door. I always ensure that I have enough hair as I have heard some of my clients state that when they have visited other hair extensionists they have had to go home with the extensionist running out of hair, which I would find highly embarassing if I had to ask a client to come back to be finished off.

I use mostly Balmain now. When I am not contracted to educate, I also use additional lengths is which is a good, cheaper alternative.

thnks that helps alot actually...

is it 150 strands approx for a full head...

I would say on a thick head of hair. If I am doing individual on fine to med about 100-120 bonds.
Med to thick about 120-140 and 140+ on thick hair. I very rarely would want to do more as that is a lot of bonds to care for!

You gotta remember that for a young mobile ext with no overheads, 40 quid may seem ok. There is no way on earth a salon can compete, and nor should you. A mobile can disappear if there is a problem, a salon cant. If clients want to come to a prof salon, they wont expect you to charge the same as an unregulated mobile. Charge properly for your work.

Latest posts

Back