Future Nail Geek Competitions. Your Thoughts Please. p

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aren't all competitions challenges? I belive sisnce the prize is optional challenges can be looked at like competitions... Not meaning this in an agressive way, but i also think all competitions here at the salongeek.com are friendly and meant to improve our criativity and skills...

I really wanted to see others thoughts before I added my 2 cents worth and have come up with the following......

Specifics (peeps tend to need strict/specific non-flexible, easy to understand guidlines) transparency of rules/specifics, transparency of judging criteria (what the judges will be looking for).

To me a "themed nail comp" - the nail itself should reflect the theme EG:imagine that nail stuck through a hole and you (as an outsider) had to guess the theme. If you guess right, then the nail itself is within the theme.
(props are secondary and shoud be used only to emphasize the theme).

A "poster comp" however would emcompass the nails and props together as a "theme"

The new comp running is quite specific - toes match the footwear.
As was the previous dress a nail - nail matches the frock.

IMHO i think a whole hand/foot is the way to go (for everyone), or just one nail (for everyone), or a full set (for everyone).

My hat goes off to anyone who organises a comp (as techs, we are all artists, we all have our own original ideas) unfortunately, sometimes those fab ideas have to be confined withing guidlines that everyone has to follow.

Aren't all competitions challenges? I belive sisnce the prize is optional challenges can be looked at like competitions... Not meaning this in an agressive way, but i also think all competitions here at the salongeek.com are friendly and meant to improve our criativity and skills...

I'm not trying to be nit picky here, but a challenge and a competition are not necessarily the same thing, IMO.

One can face a challenge and yet face it on their own with no competition from anyone else eg. I am going to enter the Dress a Toe comp to see what I can achieve for me, with no intention of trying to win, but rather just learn from the experience. This is what I did when I entered the Valentine comp. I went into it for the challenge rather than to compete.

The Easter comp I entered with a mind to compete which has now triggered a competetive button in me.

Latest posts

Back