"Fuzzy" nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacytree

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know about a nail effect that makes your nails look fuzzy or fluffy? They look almost suede. It comes packaged very much like glitter. I'm sure I saw pictures on here before by that was quite some time ago and I just can't find it.
The nails would be totally impractical but great for photos.

Thank you ;)

Do you mean the velvet manicure! I bought some did mine and hated it!

Hi I got some flocking powder from hobby craft they do it all different colours, I bought in a yellowy green to do a tennis ball effect ( the theme for the photoshoot is Wimbledon ) iv not done the actually photo yet but I have had a play and it looks really good , if you search for picchi on here she did her nails in a lovely pink flocking powder looked really good

Hi I got some flocking powder from hobby craft they do it all different colours, I bought in a yellowy green to do a tennis ball effect ( the theme for the photoshoot is Wimbledon ) iv not done the actually photo yet but I have had a play and it looks really good , if you search for picchi on here she did her nails in a lovely pink flocking powder looked really good

Do you mind me asking how you Applied the flocking powder? And is that what it's called in hobby craft? X

I would imagine it would be totally impractical. It would look amazing on film! It just looks fun to experiment with. Was it easy to use?

Yes it was really easy I was quite surprised I just put White shellac on did the full process then painted on a normal clear topcoat and dipped the nail into the pot then patted it down a bit with a gel brush then I got an orange stick and dragged it thru to make the lines like on a tennis ball! If you were to do it normally though just paint in a similar colour then topcoat whilst topcoat it wet dip the finger in pat it and remove any excess, looks really good not practical at all

Hi, does anyone know about a nail effect that makes your nails look fuzzy or fluffy? They look almost suede. It comes packaged very much like glitter. I'm sure I saw pictures on here before by that was quite some time ago and I just can't find it.
The nails would be totally impractical but great for photos.

Thank you ;)

Maybe Sam Biddles Velveteen?

Maybe Sam Biddles Velveteen?
Thank you. After I posted question I had a bit of a light bulb moment. I'd been searching "fluffy" instead of "fuzzy". I'm just about to order Velveteen if they have red and black. I'm thinking maybe a damask effect in the black would photograph well. Ohh excited!!!!

Latest posts

Back