Galvanic Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SallyGirlJojo

Reaction score
Wondering if any of the geeks could get your teeth into this.. Me and my colleague were really struggling with this question for our students! We don't remember it being covered in our level 3's so I thought I'd ask you lot!

What is produced on the skin under disincrustation and under iontopherisis?

I vaguely remember something about sodium chloride? Any geeks shine us a lot on this one?!

Love Jo and Alison x

Wondering if any of the geeks could get your teeth into this.. Me and my colleague were really struggling with this question for our students! We don't remember it being covered in our level 3's so I thought I'd ask you lot!

What is produced on the skin under disincrustation and under iontopherisis?

I vaguely remember something about sodium chloride? Any geeks shine us a lot on this one?!

Love Jo and Alison x

It this something you are teaching to others ?

one of my books say desincrustation uses the effects of cataphoresis producing alkali (sodium hydroxide)

hth x

Yep Michelles right,
I researched this (because im a geek and my nickname is Jackie just so) and read that the skins natural salts and oils react with the current, gets emulsified, converts to SODIUM HYDROXIDE which then acts as a natural soap to deep cleanse and soften the pores.
xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your help geeks :D I knew you could do it!

I thought it was sodium something! I'll let my colleague know x

Yep Michelles right,
I researched this (because im a geek and my nickname is Jackie just so) and read that the skins natural salts and oils react with the current, gets emulsified, converts to SODIUM HYDROXIDE which then acts as a natural soap to deep cleanse and soften the pores.
xxxxxxxx

saponification ?

my brain might actually be working for once lol

the sodium hydroxide produced during desincrustation is very alkali and breaks down the acid mantle, which is restored during iontophoresis.

Latest posts

Back